House Passes Small Buisness Job bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Sep 23, 2010.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

This part is curious

I fail to see how loans that you must apply and be approved for, tax cuts and grants are construed as a "bailout."

This article always brought up an unrelated point. When did it stop becoming English to not capitalize president when referring to the President of the United States?

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Perhaps it may have something to do with the legal definition of "small business"?

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Which is complete ********.

Somehow some of the worlds biggest companies get to declare themselves small businesses through the S Corp clause. If you can watch the first 20 minutes of Countdown with Keith Olbermann from last night.

Truly shocking and downright disgusting the games we have going on.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Not to me.

These toadies favour Wal*Mart-style businesses over the little guy.

That's where their money comes from, so you should not be shocked.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I was shocked to learn how such truly massive companies can classify themselves as small businesses.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

You mean McIlhenny & Sons is not a mom and pop operation?

Seriously, when a corporation reaches a certain size (probably something fairly small, like yearly revenues around a few million), they start pursuing every possible avenue of profit maxmization. The money they spend on lawyers and accountants tends to have a pretty high ROI. Far more valuable than making any effort to improve the actual product. If there is an exploitable loophole to be found, it will not lie fallow long.