House Russia investigation has 'abundance' of evidence against Trump, says top Dem

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 16, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

And this is where I suggest that Schiff "shut up" and let the investigation proceed without making overtures to the press.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...on-evidence-collusion-obstruction-adam-schiff

Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee, said Wednesday that the panel had seen an “abundance” of evidence of collusion with Russia and obstruction by Donald Trump’s campaign and administration that is not yet public.

Speaking to reporters in Washington, Schiff said a lot of information was already in the public domain that pointed to extensive contacts between the Trump campaign team and the Kremlin, and later efforts by the Trump entourage to cover up those contacts. But Schiff said there was much more to come out.

He said: “There is certainly an abundance of non-public information that we’ve gathered in the investigation. And I think some of that non-public evidence is evidence on the issue of collusion and some … on the issue of obstruction.”

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

okay so summarize the evidence in a memo and release it.

3. 0007776 Suspended

Like the Republicans would allow that...

4. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

No. NO MORE MEMOS! Memos are for kids! Let the grown ups do their jobs, wrap this up, and we can move on to insuring this doesn't happen again.

5. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I would agree. In the end, everything will come out and we will see who's lying and who isn't.

When people make absolute statements / claims that differ from one another, someone is lying.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 16, 2018 ---
    I hope that when they are done, they make public all the information. I would love to see the information used to get a FISA on Carter Page so we can see who on the committee is lying.

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Trump’s actions are the biggest proof. He loves Putin, doesn’t want sanctions, will Tweet-shame anyone, anytime, anywhere. But not anyone related to Russia. He loves him some Russians.

Maybe he will invite the Kremlin over to investigate Mueller. If this was any President... Bush, Clinton, Obama... the country would come together in outrage. I guess tacky luxury and ****** ties and hats made in China have wooed the public to thinking when we are infiltrated, we need to make peace with our attackers. Thanks Con Don!

7. DearthnVader, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018

DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Let me guess, top Dem.," You won't believe the things we are finding!":rolleyes:

8. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I thought conservatives hated political correctness? I have dirt on Hillary, I’m a Russian. ”Hey, I love it.”

That’s collusion. If it’s not, then what is?

Trump’s own people are turning on him. It probably won’t be a lib or Mueller who brings his campaign (not necessarily him) down, but someone on his staff, past or present. Even RNC PR BS said Trump’s first days were chaotic. Geeze, who would have thunk’.

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

There really isn't much rocket science involved with understanding why Page was being investigated AGAIN.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/2/16956014/nunes-memo-carter-page

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

The irony of your post is astounding. Especially given the subject.

11. jerwin macrumors 68020

There are multiple investigations into L'Affaire Russe

There's the Mueller investigation-- which the conservative press has attacked from day one. (latest example: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/...ance-memo-release-ending-mueller-russia-probe)

There's the Senate Intelligence Committee-- Burr and Warner
    There's the House Intelligence Committee--Nunes and Schiff
    There's the Senate Judiciary Commitee--Grassley and Feinstein

various pundits had suggested that in the event that he does not discover wrongdoing by the President,Mueller is permitted only to write a report for Rosenstein, which he is perfectly entitled to sit on.

In the meantime, the midterms are coming up, and the Russians are anxious to meddle once more. So, congress has an obligation to assess the threat, and ensure that it's mitigated before Putin tries to cast a ballot of his own. Thus, the congressional investigations. Of the three, the Senate Intelligence Committee is probably the most credible, and Nunes is doing his level best to make sure that his committee is the least credible. And Schiff is having none of it.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The Dems are doing Russia's bidding, they sowed the seeds.

13. jerwin macrumors 68020

Yeah, that appears to be the right wing line. Unify behind Donald Trump (the russian puppet) 'cause dissent is treason.

**** no.

14. jerwin macrumors 68020

Mueller knows the answers. Unfortunately, he won't share them with me.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

As samcraig said, if what Schiff says is true, this would be an excellent time to just shut up about it. What Schiff said may be tantalizing, but Mueller's investigation is ongoing, and you don't want anything to interfere with that.

Nunes has been trying to steer the House committee's results to a predetermined conclusion, but Schiff is smart enough to know that he needs to just let this thing run its natural course.