Houston Galleria Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by j-a-x, Jun 22, 2010.

1. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I decided to start a new thread for the Houston Galleria specifically (not the other Apple stores in the Houston suburbs). Who's going to be at the Apple store on Thursday?

2. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

3. extenet macrumors member

Most people going to the galleria are probably not on forums such as this. . . Good Luck!

4. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I'm sure there are some people on here who aren't driving tot the suburbs. They just haven't found my thread yet.

5. extenet macrumors member

A lot of people may happen to live in the suburbs, or closer to the suburbs than in the galleria area? Either way, good luck!

6. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I wish there was an Apple store downtown or somewhere closer to Montrose.

I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow.

7. extenet macrumors member

Yeah you think there'd be a flagship downtown. Maybe one day...

8. SSpectre macrumors newbie

I'll be at the Galleria tomorrow morning. Planning to get there around 6AM.

9. timxyz macrumors newbie

I'm trying to decide which Hosuton one to go to -- the Gal is closest so...

But how does lining up work when the store is deep inside the mall? When does the mall open?

10. adamtce macrumors member

edit:
    ust talked to mall security doors open at 5:30am but you will not be allowed to form a line or wait in line until 7am when apple doors open.

11. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

So you can go inside but just not line up? That doesn't make much sense. What are they going to do, make us wait in a random group?

12. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

That's what I'm hoping for some day. It might actually make sense with the number of students in close proximity (Rice, UH, UT Houston, BCM, the rest of the Medical Center people). Right now the closest store is the Galleria which has awful traffic and it's kind of far for those of us not used to driving every day.

13. danthony05 macrumors newbie

afternoon galleria

I will be there around 2pm. I cant reschedule a meeting. hopefully though, i will avoid the huge nonsense of a crowd I am expecting there to be, and get in and out in a relatively short amount of time. I wish everyone that didn't reserve an iphone good luck! and hopefully by me reserving one there is actually one reserved and I dont get shafted.

14. cwfrederick macrumors member

as long as there isn't 30 people in line when i get there, ill be there. i'm planning to show up at 5 i guess, maybe a bit earlier. my iphone stopped working a few weeks ago so i'm desperate. bummer about the white iphone.

15. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

If you could give me an update in the morning, I'd really appreciate it. I'm planning on going in at 6:30 or 7:00 am -ish.

16. ljpn2003 macrumors newbie

i reserved it at the galleria and planing on getting there around 4am. I went there today around 7pm to see how everything was going and there were some cops outside and they told that nobody could line up neither inside nor outside the mall till' tomorrow around 7am... anyways i'll be there earlier hoping not to find too much people lol...

see ya'll there

17. cwfrederick macrumors member

if i'm there, and i can get online, i'll def post updates on this forum. or you can pm me your number and i can text you from my ghetto (temporary) phone.

18. mrainier macrumors newbie

Glad I found this thread, was thinking of heading over there shortly but since doors don't open til 5:30 I'll wait. Received an email from apple reminding me to pick up and they'd have a dedicated line for those with reservations.

19. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I am about to head out. Just wondering if anybody has any updates from the Galleria before I leave. How does the line look?

20. hmp macrumors member

Uhmm there are about 75 people in reserved and well over 100 in the walk-in line

21. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

22. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I got there at about 7, and it took just under 2 hours for everything.
    If I had waited and gone in at 8, it would have most likely taken 1.5 hours since the line was shorter then.

23. XTRanger macrumors member

Anybody else have updates? I am at work, and won't get to the store till 5pm. I have little hope of getting my reserved phone at that time, but its still worth a shot.