Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
:confused:

Every Best Buy and Apple store that I've called is out. Just curious.

(I'm looking for 3G models)

DraigTX

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Registered here (long time lurker) just for you :)

Willbrook and The Woodlands showing stock of WiFi.

I bought a 16GB wifi from Woodlands earlier. They had about 12 at that time and about 4 32GB wifi, NO 3G.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Registered here (long time lurker) just for you :)

Willbrook and The Woodlands showing stock of WiFi.

I bought a 16GB wifi from Woodlands earlier. They had about 12 at that time and about 4 32GB wifi, NO 3G.

Thanks! I feel honored. haha. :)

I'm looking for 3G models. :(

kutsushita

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Houston
houston calling in.

no such luck anywhere at all. just order like the other guy said and you'll have it in no time. ordered mine on mother's day and will expect it between the 18th and 22nd! if i do hear of anything i'll send you a pm btw and good luck man!

vertigo78

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2008
Check independant apple resellers like someone said above. Also check if any college in your area sells any in their campus store. I got my iPad at my university's bookstore (ucsb). They've had an apple section for a couple of years and now half of it is deticated to the iPad.

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
houston calling in.

no such luck anywhere at all. just order like the other guy said and you'll have it in no time. ordered mine on mother's day and will expect it between the 18th and 22nd! if i do hear of anything i'll send you a pm btw and good luck man!

Thanks, I'll do the same. :)

AGEC2008

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
I believe MacResource in College Station has/had some. There are two locations 979.314.0537 and the other is 979.314.0535 I believe.

superspud

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2007
im here in the woodlands.... ive been calling the apple store and best buy every day for a week and a half and they still dont have any in stock, nor do they offer any suggestion as to when they WILL have any in stock...

i could just order online, but i am always at work so i'd have to get it shipped here, and im paranoid about shipping a computer.....

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
im here in the woodlands.... ive been calling the apple store and best buy every day for a week and a half and they still dont have any in stock, nor do they offer any suggestion as to when they WILL have any in stock...

i could just order online, but i am always at work so i'd have to get it shipped here, and im paranoid about shipping a computer.....

Got mine shipped and it was in pristine condition.

---

Also, you could try to get put on a reserve list at an Apple store.

kutsushita

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Houston
I called my local best buy (galleria) and they have a recording that automatically plays stating they don't have any and as long that message plays they won't have any.

Also my 2 cents on the Apple reserve list: I was told a little over a month wait for a 3G and immediately ordered online and will have it in less than half that time. If you cut the middle man you won't have to wait behind a slueth of people!

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Supposedly, a few showed up at a Best Buy in the Woodlands yesterday. Sold out within half an hour. Don't know which models.

Anyone heard of any other Best Buys getting any in?

kutsushita

macrumors regular
May 9, 2010
Houston
just checked this morning and NOTHING still@galleria BB. i was at the galleria apple store yesterday buying a case (funny, this is the third time i've went in to make an apple purchase in the last month and a half and have been the ONLY one buying something yet don't even get a simple "hi" from an employee) and they were completely out of stock as well.

harry*333

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Last time I checked there weren't any, you're probably better off ordering online and waiting because there also are very long waiting lines at each store so when the shipment comes in they're going to be sold to the people on the list

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
Last time I checked there weren't any, you're probably better off ordering online and waiting because there also are very long waiting lines at each store so when the shipment comes in they're going to be sold to the people on the list

I think I'm going to give in and just order online.

I'm still just curious about "in-stock" status because...well...i'm just curious now. haha.

I stopped by the Best Buy in Pasadena (South Houston) today to pick up some other items, and stopped by the Apple dept. The manager was there, and he said they're shipping them in extremely small lots via UPS. They ordered all six models, but in each order (which according to him is about five to eight at a time...?), it's varying randomly concerning which models. The last order (last week) they got in was five. 3 16GB wifi, one 32GB 3G, and a 64GB wifi. They have a group of people waiting there EVERY DAY between noon and 1pm waiting to claim the shipments. They were gone within 10 seconds of him walking back onto the floor and telling people that they were there. Insane.

And they aren't allowed to take reservations like the Apple store.

Just telling you what he told me. :)

-- Ryan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.