How’s everyone’s iPad Pro Orders going?

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Our actions define our legacy
Just recently ordered an iPad Pro 3rd Generation 12.9in 256gb, I guess the sweet spot of the iPads for storage. Also purchased the Pencil 2 as well(personalized it since it’s so easy to lose) so the wait for getting it engraved is acceptable. The iPad Pro, I figured, would be better to not engrave as it decreases the resale value.

Seems the iPad Pro has been stuck on processing for a bit, ordered it about a week ago, so I assume there must be a lot of orders hence why it’s taking long?

Just curious how orders are going currently for those who just placed them

EDIT: it’s also a cellular model, I assume most got the WiFi only one hence why it’s probably shipping quick

Last edited:

judyg951

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
sunny So. Ca.
Check with Best Buy and your local Apple store. You might be able to pick up your iPad Pro without waiting. There seems to be good inshore supplies.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
Ordered the same about a week ago from Apple and had 21st to 27th delivery dates and just last night it shipped for a Monday delivery.

Otflyer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Just picked up my 12.9 pro yesterday and have put a few hours on it. So far really liking it. I feel the upgrade was worth it. Coming from a 12.9 pro 2 I really like the smaller size.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

Hubcapjw

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2017
NJ
Ordered the 11 inch 256 Verizon Wednesday afternoon. Said it would come today but I got it yesterday. I can’t believe how fast it was. Must have been sitting in a fedex distribution center not too far from me.

d_ganggreen

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Nowhere-somewhere-everywhere
Originally ordered the base 11" model, then canx to order the 256GB one with a shipping of 21-28 November. Just checked this morning and it is now shipped! Scheduled for delivery on Tue 13 Nov.

Already have my folio case. Pencil should arrive the week after the iPad.

iModFrenzy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2015
Our actions define our legacy
Ordered the same about a week ago from Apple and had 21st to 27th delivery dates and just last night it shipped for a Monday delivery.
I have Nov. 26-29 as my delivery date currently

Check with Best Buy and your local Apple store. You might be able to pick up your iPad Pro without waiting. There seems to be good inshore supplies.
Not sure I’ll have the time to make a run to the store for it sadly, I’ll take a look though

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
Ordered 512gb 11” LTE for launch. Cancelled.

Ordered 1TB 11” LTE, delivery Nov 16-

Walked into Apple Store Manchester today, bought their last 1TB 11” Cellular, cancelled online order.

Love it! Not used it much yet, but wow, love the new design. Like the keyboard folio, more bulk but an improvement on old ASK for me.

d_ganggreen

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2015
Nowhere-somewhere-everywhere
I have Nov. 26-29 as my delivery date currently

Not sure I’ll have the time to make a run to the store for it sadly, I’ll take a look though
Dang, just checked my local stores and they all have them and the pencil in stock
Both mine are in the "shipping" process now (In China, waiting clearance). I wish I could cancel and just go pick them up locally.

Reactions: iModFrenzy

Alaxlmartin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2018
Crap because 12.9 cellular are back ordered everywhere, ordered from US cellular last Saturday and they still haven’t got any.

ninjahaiku

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
My 12.9 was supposed to be delivered today from BB. And UPS put it on the wrong truck this morning so now I won’t get it until Monday. Should have just shipped it to the store. Oh well.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

MisterSavage

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2018
My pre-order was strange. It was stuck in "processing" for what seemed like forever. When I finally got the message from Apple and UPS that it had shipping the tracking info showed that it had actually shipped from China several days before that. I didn't get the message it had shipped until it hit the US. What's strange is that I can usually track my iPhone shipment from China to my front door as soon as it gets shipped from China.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
Can someone do a Verizon device payment upgrade in an apple store or does it have to be a Verizon store ?

fm_carv

Suspended
Aug 3, 2015
My pre-order was strange. It was stuck in "processing" for what seemed like forever. When I finally got the message from Apple and UPS that it had shipping the tracking info showed that it had actually shipped from China several days before that. I didn't get the message it had shipped until it hit the US. What's strange is that I can usually track my iPhone shipment from China to my front door as soon as it gets shipped from China.
In my case “preparing to ship” meant the iPad was on its way from China and funds were reserved on my credit card, as soon as it shipped from Eindhoven I got the “order sent” status update

Last edited:

dljor

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2013
mine was delivered today, ordered on Nov. 1st.

12.9, 512GB, wifi.

Smart folio and SD, 3.5mm adapters were delivered last week. Smart Keyboard and pencil coming next week.

I am surprised that all are available for pickup today at the stores nearby.