How’s your battery life? (iPhone X)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by happypappy, Nov 4, 2017.

?

How’s your iPhone X battery life?

1. Not good. Much less than my previous phone

54 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. Looks fine to me...

203 vote(s)
    79.0%
  1. happypappy macrumors regular

Three different phones and neither are performing well in terms of battery life. How’s yours looking? :)

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Coming from an SE I was worried about battery, and it is shockingly really good. I’ll have no issues getting through a day. Tomorrow will be the real test with fantasy football.

3. jamin00 macrumors 6502a

jamin00

My 7+ went to Crap on ios11 but so far the X is ok. 38% now and it’s late evening in the UK and I been on it a fair bit

We will see how it is once it’s been through a couple of full cycles though.

4. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

TheAppleGeek

I’ve had to leave it fully charged once. Surprisingly great.

5. Gooberton macrumors 65816

It’s a well known fact the battery takes a few days to work right

6. THFourteen macrumors 6502a

THFourteen

Amazing. I’ve been on it all day since 5am and it’s 10pm now and still 23% left.

My 6S would have died after lunch and would be dying again now.

7. jsnuff1 macrumors 6502a

Im currently at 3% with 6:45 of usage. A bit disappointed as I was expecting a full 2+ hours extra than what I got out of my 7. (usually 5-6). I know this will never reach the advertised 12 hours...but was hopeing it could at least do 8-9 and FINALLY be a true all day phone.

Guess were still no there yet.

8. chicagofan00 macrumors regular

So far so good but I think the true test will be when I’m back at work and have the phone streaming music, etc.

9. SPX macrumors member

Highly unlikely that you’ve been using it for 17 hours straight and are still at 23%...

10. solo118 macrumors 65816

Give it a day or two, my 8 had horrible battery life but then after 2 days I was hitting 9 hours of usage.

11. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

12. Cashmonee macrumors 65816

Cashmonee

Way too early to tell. There are so many things happening the first few days to really judge the phones battery and performance overall. Tons of backgrounds services bringing apps up to speed, your own usage is usually higher with a new device, etc. give it a week and then we can talk battery.

13. Downhilltenago macrumors regular

Downhilltenago

So far it’s fine. I personally keep the low power option on.

14. Nikhil72 macrumors 65816

So far, for day one, pretty solid. Currently at 15% with 10 hours off the charger, 5h47m of usage including just under 2 hours of maps based navigation and otherwise a mix of safari and twitter mainly over LTE (while on the subway, so weaker signal) and about 50-60 photos snapped. Also with 2.5h of background music streaming to AirPods. Not bad for day one!

15. snakesayan macrumors member

8 hours and 16 min of usage with 18 hr and 24 min of standby with 15% battery left

16. ARSC macrumors 6502

The battery is about the same as iPhone 7 plus.

17. Another Day macrumors regular

Your 7 plus battery must be defective. I’m getting ~25% less battery life with my X.

I hope Apple releases a X Plus next year!

18. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

19. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

First iPhone I have had all day battery. Never had a plus model though.

20. alexberry macrumors member

Coming from a standard iP7 which had shocking battery life (to the point I think it had a fault), this iPX is awesome even after a couple of days when, naturally, I can't stop picking it up and fiddling with it (which normally leads to poor battery life over the first few days of a new phone).

Specifically, my iP7 with very little use (may 20 minutes music on the train) would be down to around 20% by midday after less-than 6 hours since its overnight charge. My iPX was at 70% by 10pm last night after a full day off the charger! Stunned...

One thing to note is that I haven't put the Tile App (bluetooth locator keyring thingies) onto my new phone yet, and that always seemed to claim a lot of battery life on my iP7. I'm holding off for a few days to see how it goes before I add it on, so I can get a clear idea of the impact this app specifically makes.

21. ManuCH macrumors 6502a

Looks good to me. I'm coming from an iPhone 7 Plus (which had a bad battery I suppose, because it started lasting less and less), then went to an iPhone 8 Plus, which was absolutely amazing. So amazing that I was afraid switching to an iPhone X because I didn't want to give up the great battery.

So here I am, on my second day with an iPhone X, and I can say that it's lasting better than I hoped. If I look at the "usage" figure in the battery screen, it's using ~10% of battery per usage hour. Meaning I went to sleep with the following stats:

Usage: 7:41 hours
    Standby: 12:56 hours
    Battery left: 25%

On my iPhone 8 Plus I would have had about 40% left. Any non-Plus model would have been dead by now.

tl;dr: while it's a bit early to know for sure by now (the battery needs a few cycles to get at its best), I'm pretty satisfied and I will get through the day with the iPhone X, although it's maybe ~20% less than the iPhone 8 Plus (which was the iPhone with the highest battery duration I ever owned).

22. gigapocket1 macrumors 65832

I’m not to sure... i know mines personally is still restoring from backup. Downloading from iCloud etc. so it’s not all the way setup. Yesterday i had a wedding and was running around. Didn’t use the car charger and took over a 100 photos. So that’s not a realistic day for me. It hit the battery pretty hard.
    But i do feel that it is less than a plus for sure.

23. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

So far battery life is pretty good. Though when first setting up a device there is some setup and restore processing going on in the background that can impact battery life for several days so a real judgment will take another day or two.

However it does seem like the X leans more toward the Plus side of the spectrum in terms of battery life rather than the 4.7 model.

24. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

25. D.T., Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017

D.T. macrumors G3

D.T.

So I opened the X Friday, knocked around with it, think it was about 65% or so. Went out with an initial clean setup, later in the evening on Friday I did a backup/restore, plus a full charge (phone reached 100%, some folks have said theirs won't[?]) Saturday it did get plugged into my car for CP, short trip, like 15 minutes, but no other charging.

Anyway, wanted to run it down to shut off, so since that full charge on Friday (and the small little charge bump in the car), I haven't charged it again. So here we are on Sunday morning, I'm at 8% with Usage at 6h 41m and Standby at 23h, 40m.

OK, just did a ton of AirDrops (clearing out photos from a 3rd party app), now I'm at 3%, Usage 7h, 3m / Standby 24h, 25m :D

1% Usage: 7h, 18m - Standby: 24h, 50m