How about now?

kannesss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Above.
Since the iPad mini is looking more and more real everyday, do you regret not waiting and buying the iPhone 5 instead?:confused:

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Since the iPad mini is looking more and more real everyday, do you regret not waiting and buying the iPhone 5 instead?:confused:
They serve different purposes/needs IMO. Depending on when they come out, I may opt for a Mini for my wife. She uses an old Macbook to read a bit, and do some odd emails/Facebook here/there. Cheap way to replace that vs. a new MBP, or Air.

Regardless, I still need/use a phone and no iPad [regular or Mini] can replace it.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Why do people insist on posting their opinions as a question. Clearly YOU have regrets. Why not just say "I HAVE REGRETS"??

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
I'm sorry, when did the iPad mini give us the ability to make phone calls and send texts (not imessage)? Can an iPad Mini fit in my pants pocket?

The answer to all of these is no. Frankly I could see if you asked this question in the iPod forums comparing an iPad Mini to an iPod Touch, but otherwise this makes no sense.

Further, could you put more descriptive title? Frankly "How about Now?" told me nothing about the true subject of this thread. How about a title like: "iPad Mini vs iPhone 5" or maybe "Would an iPad Mini make you change your mind about buying the iPhone 5".....

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
When I'm out and about obviously the iPhone is perfect unless I need the iPad for something specific. At home the iPad can not be beat for browsing, reading, homework ie pages.

frayne182

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Canada
I have a Nexus 7 Tablet and couldn't be happier.

I like my tablets Android and my phones iOS.

Don't personally care for the iPad mini... or the iPad in general

Also not sure why someone would regret buying a phone lol. Unless you mean in terms of money

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I'm sorry, when did the iPad mini give us the ability to make phone calls and send texts (not imessage)? Can an iPad Mini fit in my pants pocket?

The answer to all of these is no. Frankly I could see if you asked this question in the iPod forums comparing an iPad Mini to an iPod Touch, but otherwise this makes no sense.

Further, could you put more descriptive title? Frankly "How about Now?" told me nothing about the true subject of this thread. How about a title like: "iPad Mini vs iPhone 5" or maybe "Would an iPad Mini make you change your mind about buying the iPhone 5".....
jncos are making a come back son!

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
How about learning how to post a reasonable TITLE?

I can not believe I just wasted time opening this message thread. If somebody thinks you can compare an iphone to a ipad - go ahead and have your discussion.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
I've always wondered what it would be like to actually wear these pants with the iPad in them?!?! I can only imagine how much my knee would hurt by the end of the day with the iPad constantly banging me in the leg.

----------

I see this happens a lot. Is there any reason you can think of that people don't put in a more descriptive title for their threads?
Laziness, inconsiderate, wanting more people to view their thread (since no one would know what it is until they actually look at it), etc. Yes we have all done it early in our "forum life", and then we get mocked and never do it again.

You are new, here's a good article to start off with on a few of my pet peeves:
http://lifehacker.com/5473859/basic-etiquette-for-email-lists-and-forums

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
The title of this thread should be changed to "come make hilarious insulting replies to this genius' idiocracy!"
Don't people get in trouble for being mean to others? Or is it really relaxed here and no one really cares?

----------

I've always wondered what it would be like to actually wear these pants with the iPad in them?!?! I can only imagine how much my knee would hurt by the end of the day with the iPad constantly banging me in the leg.

----------

Laziness, inconsiderate, wanting more people to view their thread (since no one would know what it is until they actually look at it), etc. Yes we have all done it early in our "forum life", and then we get mocked and never do it again.

You are new, here's a good article to start off with on a few of my pet peeves:
http://lifehacker.com/5473859/basic-etiquette-for-email-lists-and-forums
That's a nice article thank you for sharing it and replying! Going to read that later since I'm new here.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Don't people get in trouble for being mean to others? Or is it really relaxed here and no one really cares?

----------

That's a nice article thank you for sharing it and replying!
Yes and no. Yes we have moderators and they will put users in time out and/or ban them if they are especially hateful, but remember we all have some strong opinions about the things we buy and they can often lead to arguments that can get a little personal.... Especially in an internet forum where we are all anonymous. We've all done it. Just don't take it too personally....

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Look at the bright side. One of your legs would be bulletproof! :D

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
Look at the bright side. One of your legs would be bulletproof! :D
Sweeettt. I suppose someone could rig up a whole suit using iPads as plating huh? Although I think Kevlar would be lighter, more flexible, and probably be cheaper.... But not nearly as stylish!

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
Sweeettt. I suppose someone could rig up a whole suit using iPads as plating huh? Although I think Kevlar would be lighter, more flexible, and probably be cheaper.... But not nearly as stylish!
Yeah well... I can't install apps on Kevlar!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.