How about now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kannesss, Oct 2, 2012.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

Since the iPad mini is looking more and more real everyday, do you regret not waiting and buying the iPhone 5 instead?:confused:

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Because Boeing is building a new jetliner, do you regret buying your car?:confused:

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

They serve different purposes/needs IMO. Depending on when they come out, I may opt for a Mini for my wife. She uses an old Macbook to read a bit, and do some odd emails/Facebook here/there. Cheap way to replace that vs. a new MBP, or Air.

Regardless, I still need/use a phone and no iPad [regular or Mini] can replace it.

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

one makes phone calls, one doesnt.. why should i feel bad?

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Why do people insist on posting their opinions as a question. Clearly YOU have regrets. Why not just say "I HAVE REGRETS"??

6. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I'm sorry, when did the iPad mini give us the ability to make phone calls and send texts (not imessage)? Can an iPad Mini fit in my pants pocket?

The answer to all of these is no. Frankly I could see if you asked this question in the iPod forums comparing an iPad Mini to an iPod Touch, but otherwise this makes no sense.

Further, could you put more descriptive title? Frankly "How about Now?" told me nothing about the true subject of this thread. How about a title like: "iPad Mini vs iPhone 5" or maybe "Would an iPad Mini make you change your mind about buying the iPhone 5".....

7. appswipe macrumors 6502

Someone posted these on the iPad forum.

A black anodized aluminum iPad? I'll take one and it will match my iPhone 5, scratches and all.

8. famous600 macrumors 6502a

famous600

When I'm out and about obviously the iPhone is perfect unless I need the iPad for something specific. At home the iPad can not be beat for browsing, reading, homework ie pages.

9. frayne182 macrumors 6502

I have a Nexus 7 Tablet and couldn't be happier.

I like my tablets Android and my phones iOS.

Don't personally care for the iPad mini... or the iPad in general

Also not sure why someone would regret buying a phone lol. Unless you mean in terms of money

10. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

The title of this thread should be changed to "come make hilarious insulting replies to this genius' idiocracy!"

11. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

jncos are making a come back son!
    [​IMG]

12. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Just be sure to take your iPad Mini out before you sit down or wear them Kriss Kross style (i.e backwards!). Now we really are going old school!

13. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

[​IMG]

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

How about learning how to post a reasonable TITLE?

I can not believe I just wasted time opening this message thread. If somebody thinks you can compare an iphone to a ipad - go ahead and have your discussion.

15. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Great thread title....really helps people know what your post is all about. SMH.

16. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I see this happens a lot. Is there any reason you can think of that people don't put in a more descriptive title for their threads?

17. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I've always wondered what it would be like to actually wear these pants with the iPad in them?!?! I can only imagine how much my knee would hurt by the end of the day with the iPad constantly banging me in the leg.

----------

Laziness, inconsiderate, wanting more people to view their thread (since no one would know what it is until they actually look at it), etc. Yes we have all done it early in our "forum life", and then we get mocked and never do it again.

You are new, here's a good article to start off with on a few of my pet peeves:
    http://lifehacker.com/5473859/basic-etiquette-for-email-lists-and-forums

18. waa1futs macrumors 6502

Don't people get in trouble for being mean to others? Or is it really relaxed here and no one really cares?

----------

That's a nice article thank you for sharing it and replying! Going to read that later since I'm new here.

19. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Yes and no. Yes we have moderators and they will put users in time out and/or ban them if they are especially hateful, but remember we all have some strong opinions about the things we buy and they can often lead to arguments that can get a little personal.... Especially in an internet forum where we are all anonymous. We've all done it. Just don't take it too personally....

20. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Look at the bright side. One of your legs would be bulletproof! :D

21. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Sweeettt. I suppose someone could rig up a whole suit using iPads as plating huh? Although I think Kevlar would be lighter, more flexible, and probably be cheaper.... But not nearly as stylish!

22. richmds macrumors regular

23. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Yeah well... I can't install apps on Kevlar!

24. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Stupidity? Laziness?

25. kannesss thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow. Some of you got really mad about a question.