How accurate is "iPad Ships within 5 - 7 business days?"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fotomatt1, May 10, 2010.

1. fotomatt1 macrumors regular

Just ordered my 64gb 3g yesterday from the Apple online store. Just curious how accurate Apple's shipping times are from peoples experience? It says I should receive it between May 18 - 22. I just don't want it to be much beyond that.

2. Battlestar macrumors 6502

They are pretty accurate. And remebmer they are coming all the way from China.

3. MorganK macrumors regular

I'm curious about this too. I ordered a new MBP last week, quoted at shipping in 1-3 days. It shipped in about 12 hours and it was delivered 3 days after I ordered (regular shipping, not express). It was a nice surprise to check the tracking! I am hoping the iPads ship quicker too.

4. blco02 macrumors member

Hopefully it's accurate - and from everything I've read, it is.

Just placed an order for a 16GB - getting excited already.

5. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

Been ordering from Apple for a couple of years now. The estimates have always been dead on for me.

6. s4yunkim macrumors regular

I've ordered a lot of things from apple, always gotten them on time, if not early.

I actually worked for apple retail for a while and have never heard of shipments going out late, but I've been hearing that there are not enough planes out of China, which essentially limits Apple's ability to get it to people on time. :(

I ordered mine on April 29th, and it was supposed to be shipped by the 7th. Well, it was "shipped" by the 6th, but it's been sitting in Shenzhen, China for the past 4 days, and it's still there. It was supposed to be delivered by the 10th, now it says the 11th, and I bet you anything it's going to say the 12th tomorrow...

7. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

I ordered mine on the 3rd and it just changed to Prepared for Shipment a few hours ago.

Supposed to be here by the latest the 15th.

I'm still on a wait list in the Apple store but since this is already charged to my card I'll wait for it.

8. itskristian macrumors newbie

Still waiting for mine... Apple says "preparing for shipment", delivery May 11-15!