How accurate is the "ships in 2-4 business days" claim?

Montague Films

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Just curious as the iMac is the first Apple computer I've ever ordered. Also, where does it ship from? China?

Thanks.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
When I bought my Mac's they all were shipped from China and took quite a while (at least a week).

I upgraded all of my mac's (so not the standard options from the web store). Also I'm not living in the UK or US, so that might explain the longer times as well.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
When I bought my Mac's they all were shipped from China and took quite a while (at least a week).

I upgraded all of my mac's (so not the standard options from the web store). Also I'm not living in the UK or US, so that might explain the longer times as well.
It's the upgrades that take the time....My iMac wasn't stock either so took a while to come. If the OP's is a stock item it should be despatched more quickly. Mine came from China, and I tracked it's journey all the way while I was waiting.:D

thebeautyisfake

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
Just curious as the iMac is the first Apple computer I've ever ordered. Also, where does it ship from? China?

Thanks.
Pre-configured models usually ship from a warehouse (relatively) close to you. For example my Macbook was shipped from Ireland and I live in England.

When I bought a BTO model, it was shipped from China.