How am I supposed to order multiple through Apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenan1982, Sep 13, 2012.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

So Apple's ordering process is bizarre....

I have an account with 1 iPhone on it.

I want to order a family plan (Mobile Share) with 3 phones, on the same account as the above existing, but in their own "share plan" ... I did a test run with the Apple site, and I select the phone, click the Mobile Share plan, then add it adds it to the cart.

When I try to add a second and third phone (logical for a multi-phone plan, right?), it says I can only order one iPhone per order.

So if I place the order, then go back in and place another order for phone 2, and phone 3, how in the world is it going to know that I previously ordered a Share Plan?!?!

The ordering process makes no sense when it comes to family\share plans.

I'm guessing nobody has experienced this exact situation since the share plans just came out, but I'm guessing it'd be a similar situation with a traditional family plan.

I'm wondering if I should just order them as additional stand-alone lines then have AT&T convert them into a Share Plan once the phones arrive, to avoid the confusion?

**sigh*** it really shouldn't be this difficult to part with $250 a month, haha

2. krizko macrumors regular

I'd also like to know the answer to this from anyone with experience.

?