How and where on your wrist did you measure your wrist size?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luba, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Luba, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I measured my wrist just after the wrist "knuckle" where most men wear their watches vs. precisely at the wrist where the hand bends. I was surprised that it measured over 185mm. And if I want a less tight fit then it's really 187mm. This means I can't get the 38mm Milanese Loop as it maxes out at 180mm wrist sizes!

I'm planning on getting the 42mm Space Grey Sport and also the Milanese Loop. Do you think the Milanese Loop would clash with the Space Grey Sport? I could spend an additional $150 and get the SS 42mm Milanese, but I wouldn't have the additional black Sport Band.

2. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

I plan on preordering the Space Grey Sport immediately. However, I'm thinking of getting the black leather loop. My plan is to go and try it on first to see how it looks. I want the watch straight away but I'm willing to risk a delay with the extra band to make sure it looks decent.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

Used a piece of string around the circumference then transferred to a caliper.

4. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

The space grey with the silver/steel color of the Milanese loops looks bad together to me. If you want Milanese, I'd suggest the silver aluminum watch sport face

5. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

Make sure you measure from where you are gonna be wearing the watch. If you're measuring for the band length go from the largest measurement near the wrist "knuckle" lol.

At 187mm I think you might be better suited to the 42mm case anyway though

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I just wrapped a shoelace around my wrist and marked it then measured it with a ruled.

7. chabig macrumors 68040

I scrounged some spare laser printer parts from old copiers I dug up at the junkyard. Then I hand assembled some low level firmware for the embedded controller, and stuffed the entire mess into one of my unused 3D printer frames, which I then connected to my CRC milling machine (because I was already familiar with that user interface). After a few test runs, I was able to accurately generate a 3D model of my wrist, and it was then a simple matter to run a discrete integration around the circumference. ;)

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

9. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz