How apple can increase screen size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fruitycups, Apr 10, 2012.

1. fruitycups macrumors 6502

As it has been much debated. No one knows how the next iphone will be like. Many are looking forward to an increase in screen size.

However, there is a fundamental problem with an increase in screen size.
    First will be the a problem with the current apps and how it will work with the new size. As well as problem with fragmentation of apps. The developers will have to work harder and modify all the apps. I dont think apple wants to put pressure on the developers.

Second will be the size of the device. Though its up for debate. Apple did indeed hit the sweet spot with the device size.

That being said, i didnt think apple will be making a change in screen size.

But today i read an article from the verge.
    You guys should go and check it out. And now i am begining to think it COULD work. Although unlikely.

Any thoughts from ppl who read?

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

To tell you the truth, it would not hurt for the developers to rework the APP library.

3. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Or they could sync the resolutions by upping the iPhone screen to 1024x768, resulting in a 3.93in display and being a 1:1 match to the iPad1&2, a resolution developers already use.

4. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

Consider this, iPhone 1,2 & 3 have a different screen resolution than iPhone 4 & 5. Ipad 1 & 2 have a different screen resolution than iPad 3. So why exactly won't Apple increase the screen size and the resolution, their already is fragmentation and not every app is retina compliant anyways.

Apple can easily create a 4" (or similar size) and get the resolution they want to work within the parameters.