How Apple can spend less than a day to improve the reaction to iOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by nevesis, Jun 11, 2013.

1. nevesis macrumors 6502

@lukew: How Apple can spend less than a day to improve the reaction to iOS7:
    http://t.co/Rtk4qfS4v9

#yesvisualsmatter

[​IMG]

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I agree.
    The left is smoother than the right.

(I'd lighten the background though- but yes: that's a winner.)

3. mixeraka macrumors newbie

mixeraka

The redesign of the new icons is way better - I hope they change it before releasing it to the general public this fall.

4. Jimrod macrumors 6502a

I agree in principal but I think your changes didn't go far enough, they need to lose the kiddy-colour feel about iOS 7, it's not a pre-school toy after all!

5. MacReloaded macrumors 6502

MacReloaded

They should really put the shadows back in. Any light background is going to look crap.

6. matttye macrumors 601

7. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Wow lots of obsession over app icons when most of the complainers will probably be sticking them in a folder for unused apps anyway. :rolleyes:

8. mixeraka macrumors newbie

mixeraka

9. mumph macrumors regular

Im having a pop a redesigning them too lol. The first thing is make more space at the edges of the icons they sit far too close to the edge. This redesign does exactly that.

10. nevesis thread starter macrumors 6502

Love that! Apple ****ing sucks. Haha...

11. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

Ooo do you have that wallpaper please?

12. mixeraka macrumors newbie

mixeraka

Yeah I agree ... It's so much cleaner and it's something I'd like to use! :]

13. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I would totally redo the whole control center thing. I personally feel like they shoved too much stuff together. They could have, I think, done it as the left end of the task bar. Basically how it is now. Use something like stacks to pop open groups of controls.

I'll try to mock something up cause its hard to explain what I mean.

As for the icons. I agree that settings is ugly, as is Game Center. And that they should have left a small border to make them pop off wallpapers. Unless they are taking away letting us use our own photos under the home screen.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The problem is that all these images are static (although I love the mockups shown by mixeraka). I thought in iOS7 the icons are meant to pop-out by a parallax effect (appearing to move in 3D as the phone is moved).

15. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I don't see the lack of 'white space' as a problem at all. It's perhaps the one thing they did get right. If anything perhaps they could get right of all of it. Why not have no background. So what if it means the icons aren't all squares. Might look better that way

16. matttye macrumors 601

Double tapping home and then swiping left is so much less convenient than just swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

I like where Apple is going with these features you can instantly access in any app just by swiping (control centre, search and back).

17. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

18. mixeraka macrumors newbie

mixeraka

I don't have that wallpaper I'm afraid - I was just showing an example that someone redesigned.

19. nevesis thread starter macrumors 6502

The one on the right is one from Apple. The one on the left a designer re-imagined.

20. g.money macrumors member

Both of these refined designs are fantastic. Love everything about iOS7 except the icons and the translucent overlay. These fix both. Send this to Apple stat!

21. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

22. mixeraka macrumors newbie

mixeraka

The icons doesn't have nothing to do with the parallax effect :]

23. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Who says you need to double tap anything. You can already swipe up on an iPad. So just make that for all devices. One swipe up, one over and you are in Control Center. If that's too much work for folks they have serious first world problems.

24. Nostalgia macrumors member

indeed, just by simple changes they can make it look so much better.. i really hope they patch it up till the final release, it really needs improvements overall but specially design-wise.

cheers to the dude that did those, really improved them a lot!

25. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I don't have an issue with the translucent part. In fact I like that. It's the 3d moving wallpaper (what is the practical and needed function of this) and the ugly icons that I have issue with.

Although from what I have seen, Game Center is ugly on the inside as well. So I guess that hideous icon is meant to prepare you for it