Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdsraju49

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2017
We’re making a documentary about how wearable technology can help improve fitness, overall health and overcome obstacles. We’re looking for stories that are heartfelt, make you smile, that are surprising and unique. Simply losing weight isn’t enough for the stories we’re looking for. There needs to be a personal, mesmerizing, and unique aspect to each story that draws you in and makes you understand how technology can enhance your life.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I suffer from chemo induced neuropathy. It has changed my life. I walk with a crutch and have no control over my toes (which ruins balance as well as slowing you down). However, closing rings has become an obsession. Yesterday was my first day to not close all three rings since the second week in January. I get up at 4:30 a.m. so I can go to the gym during the week. While I'm limited as to what I can do, I make sure I do something for 30-40 minutes every day.

I love the fact that you can now share activities, and it has my competitive side kicking in. Of course, my sharing community now works harder cause they don't want to be shown up by a cripple. ;)

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
Since I do a variety of activities, it is helpful to be able to measure against a common benchmark so I have an idea of how all my activities fit in my personal health goals.

Whether or not the calories tracked are accurate or not, I feel it is more important to have everything measured against the same yardstick.

Also, with the dressy style the link bracelet is, I can wear my watch in more formal settings, and then switch to a sport band for exercise activities. It's like I can take it everywhere with me. In that way, it is a very personal device.

RadioGaGa1984

Suspended
May 23, 2015
I was on my way to a healthier lifestyle before the Apple Watch. Since getting one it has helped me maintain an exercise regimen so I can close those rings and meet and beat goals. I've lost a total of 96 pounds and feel so much better.

mdsraju49

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2017
It helped me to lose 140 pounds in the past 15 months. Due to the motivation from the rings and badges I am now an avid gym goer and exercise on average 90 minutes a day.
Hi Steve,
I am glad to hear that you lost 140 pounds. I am interested to know your story in detail. Can you connect via email or social media?
[doublepost=1491268367][/doublepost]
I was on my way to a healthier lifestyle before the Apple Watch. Since getting one it has helped me maintain an exercise regimen so I can close those rings and meet and beat goals. I've lost a total of 96 pounds and feel so much better.
Hi there,
I am interested to know your journey on How you lose 96 pounds using werable tech in details. Can we connect via facebook or email?

greig0511

macrumors newbie
I was considered obese for my height and frame size, on blood pressure tablets, and generally unfit and always felt terrible. One day after seeing my reflection in an elevator, I decided to make a change. The next day I purchased a garmin device, and later an apple watch, joined myfitnesspal, and proceeded on my journey and lost 25 kgs through walking and watching what I ate. I now road cycle everyday, and mountain bike on the weekends, and more importantly, I am no longer on any medications and have kept the weight off.

onefish2

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2006
Nanuet, NY
Hi Steve,
I am glad to hear that you lost 140 pounds. I am interested to know your story in detail. Can you connect via email or social media?
[doublepost=1491268367][/doublepost]
Hi there,
I am interested to know your journey on How you lose 96 pounds using werable tech in details. Can we connect via facebook or email?

Hit me up via PM on Reddit or DM on Twitter @onefish2.

mdsraju49

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2017
I was considered obese for my height and frame size, on blood pressure tablets, and generally unfit and always felt terrible. One day after seeing my reflection in an elevator, I decided to make a change. The next day I purchased a garmin device, and later an apple watch, joined myfitnesspal, and proceeded on my journey and lost 25 kgs through walking and watching what I ate. I now road cycle everyday, and mountain bike on the weekends, and more importantly, I am no longer on any medications and have kept the weight off.
Hi,
Can we connect via facebook or email. I am interested to know more about this. If we find your story interesting we will feature your story in our documentary film. Please feel free to contact me.
Thanks
[doublepost=1491271703][/doublepost]
Hit me up via PM on Reddit or DM on Twitter @onefish2.
Thanks Steve, One of our team member will get back to you soon.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
As a busy Vol Fire Fighter/Rescue Tech I knew I had to do something as I hit 48 yo as that's the age range that a Fire call kills us with a heart attack so I picked up an Apple Watch and closing the rings every day became a must. Now at seven months later I have lost 33 lbs and hit the gym 25-30 days a month before work. It motivated me to start running also so now I try to do several 5k races each year. On a structure fire before my fitness transformation I'd go through one Air pack bottle and was wore out now I grab a second bottle and keep on fighting. It's that big of a difference!

BenAigen

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2014
Up a hill
Congratulations on the weight loss, great work, keep it up and stay safe:)

All the Best

Ben

Last edited:

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Amazing stories here. I haven't lost any weight but it really motivates me to keep a healthy lifestyle and be more active. Lovely to hear your stories guys. Way to go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.