How are iCloud restores going on 9/21?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DirtySocks85, Sep 21, 2012.

1. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

My new phone should be here within the next hour or so and I was wondering how iCloud restores were performing today. I know it sounds like a silly question, but with this many users getting new devices, I was wondering if the server farms were getting hammered and slowing down the process at all. Anyone care to report their experiences with an iCloud restore so far today?

2. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Mine went quickly. Did not know I had to call AT&T to activate my cellular service but it only took a few minutes. It is still uipdating my purchased software but all is going great.

Took it off of the WiFi and LTE is FAST! The radar map I used to take 20 seconds to load, does it in less than 5 seconds! WOW!

3. Minkz macrumors newbie

When you are setting up the phone it asks you if you would like to restore through itunes or icloud. Make sure all your information is backed up into the cloud first before you preform the restore.

4. DirtySocks85 thread starter macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I probably shouldn't bother bringing this thread back up to respond, but despite better judgment, I will.

rtfp

I never asked how to do an iCloud restore, that I'm very familiar with. I was asking if anyone was running into issues with overtaxed servers due to the massive volumes of people doing iCloud restores.