How are lines now? Anyone walk in and got a gold 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DVNIEL, Sep 28, 2013.

1. DVNIEL, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013

DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

How are the lines at Apple Stores now? Anyone able to just walk in and get a gold?

I settled for a space grey but still want am thinking of exchanging for a gold one.

2. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

We called all 3 Apple stores in my city and all 3 said they have not seen the gold iPhone all week.

3. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I checked yesterday morning and my local Apple store had zero iPhones of any kind. They also haven't had a gold one since launch day.

I'm interested in seeing how many people have walked into a store and picked up a gold one.

4. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

The manager of the Georgetown Apple store said he would personally call me the second they received their first Sprint gold iPhone 5 days ago (long story) but still no call so I assume still no shipments yet. I've periodically called other stores in the area and generally get the we have no iPhone 5s available then I specify Sprint and they say they have various sizes in space grey only. I've been trying e best buy stock locator multiple times daily with no luck.

5. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

Talked with three of the Apple Stores near me today, actually. Not looking for a gold myself but your answer would still be no, as they said they haven't seen gold for a while and don't expect to until at least "early October".

The one in a mall near me still has the line ropes from the opening set up, and from what they all told me they usually see people lining up at least three to four hours before opening even today, and stock sells out immediately to the lines.

6. KaijuRed macrumors regular

I lined up last Thursday... I was 4th in line. There were about 8 other people before me.

As I was waiting in line, 5 people walked by the Apple Store and asked if they had any Gold in stock. The lady giving out the reservation card said no.

All they had was space grey.

7. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

My brain does not compute.....

8. KaijuRed macrumors regular

oops. I meant behind me :p

9. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Hahah oh okay ><

10. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

Bought one today at the Apple Store in Edina, MN after returning my 64 GB Space Grey. There was a long line snaking out of the store and I got there late after waiting at another Apple store across town, so I was towards the back.

When I walked in, an Apple employee was walking down the line telling everyone they had no gold in stock for any carrier. I decided to wait to see if they had a silver at least.

I was pretty shocked when my turn came and the lady said they had 64 GB in Grey and Gold for at&t. It looked like they had a decent amount of the 64's according to the stack of cards, although no 16's or 32s.

Pretty lucky, but I'm wondering why that particular Apple employee would tell everyone they didn't have any gold's in stock.

Anyways, good luck in your search! The Gold is a beautiful device, but so is Space Grey. What made my decision easier was the fact that I was coming from a Slate 5, which had the same black screen, and I wanted a change.

11. henryonapple macrumors 6502

12. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Can't speak for gold but I just walked into my Apple store and got my wife her 16GB AT&T silver with no wait. And they had stacks of cards rubber banded together meaning they had many models and 10-12 of each.

13. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Anyone know if they could get shipments tonight for tomorrow?

14. henryonapple macrumors 6502

My store said don't bother lining up tomorrow

15. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

Got one from bestbuy today! They had several available to sell. And they have had them all day. I guess it depends on where you live. Wichita has them available in any color for every carrier.

16. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

The Mall in Houston (Memorial City) received a shipment of mostly gold.

Thats the info I was given after putting applecare+ on my iphone 5s.

17. ram161 macrumors newbie

I purchased a gold iPhone 64G in LA area (Century City) today... must of been my luck:D They got shipment last night apparently. I ask how many Gold iPhone they received and said about 4 64G gold on AT&T only. They have plenty of Space Gray in stock.

18. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Damn