How are Macbook Pro's looking?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Poison Shroom, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Poison Shroom macrumors newbie

I know there's an expected refresh coming...
    From MR 1, 2

I'm in need of a laptop and I do a lot of photo editing and graphic design, so the quad core seems rather nice. I was wondering if anyone tends to watch Apple trends on updates or knows something that may have happened that is not on the site (I don't often check here, I just clicked the MBP tab from a google search.)

Also, in terms of the processors, two or three updates ago didn't Apple get a processor a month or so ahead of time in their computers? I'm really hoping Apple does the refresh before Christmas, I mean it makes sense to do from a business standpoint and from a personal gimmearefresh apple standpoint.

2. CBAviator macrumors 6502

Apple has said that their holiday line-up is set. I wouldn't expect a refresh until at least Jan/Feb at the earliest. I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to do a refresh right before the holidays. It's likely that the holidays will drive sales with or without brand new updates and doing a major refresh right before the holidays would mean that people wouldn't get their computers in time (more than likely). Plus, January is historically a very slow retail month so it seems to me that would be a better time for Apple to refresh anyway.

3. Poison Shroom thread starter macrumors newbie

Dang, well I'm glad to know what you think.
    From what I've seen on the benchmarks of the 27' inch iMac, it seems a good idea to wait (for some reason I had completely forgotten about those and they just came to mind.)

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

any updates will be minor i'd say, the ones atm are pretty awesome though [​IMG]