How are people buying multiple phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KG5429, Oct 3, 2014.

1. KG5429 macrumors member

How are all of these scalpers buying multiple phones. I pre ordered a silver iPhone 6 full retail price in which I got in the mail on 9/24. I tried to buy another full retail phone today for verizon and was told by apple customer service (two different reps) that I could only purchase one phone per line even if paying full retail?

2. KG5429 thread starter macrumors member

all using the same line? I couldn't get them to unblock my account to let me buy another full retail phone. I was told if I wanted another one I would have to go to Verizon.

3. markyr17 macrumors 65816

markyr17

Umm.. If paying full retail, you don't even give them your phone number (Verizon...) so not sure what account you're talking about..

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Yup full retail has nothing to do with your carrier/phone number etc

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Buy T-Mobile contract free?

6. 617aircav Suspended

You can buy any phone you want in the Apple Store. Has nothing to do with your line.

7. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure all phones are unlocked if purchased at full retail, except for the Sprint phones. Scalpers can come in, buy two at a time and then get in line again. Although I read an article in the New York times recently that scalpers have lost big this year. My local Apple Store has nary a scalper in sight anymore, at least as far as I can tell.

8. Pochi Hanaki macrumors regular

Are you trying to put both phones on the same phone number. Yea you can't do that. You can only associate one phone per line.