How are people buying multiple phones?

KG5429

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
How are all of these scalpers buying multiple phones. I pre ordered a silver iPhone 6 full retail price in which I got in the mail on 9/24. I tried to buy another full retail phone today for verizon and was told by apple customer service (two different reps) that I could only purchase one phone per line even if paying full retail?

KG5429

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
all using the same line? I couldn't get them to unblock my account to let me buy another full retail phone. I was told if I wanted another one I would have to go to Verizon.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Umm.. If paying full retail, you don't even give them your phone number (Verizon...) so not sure what account you're talking about..

rui no onna

macrumors G3
Oct 25, 2013
How are all of these scalpers buying multiple phones. I pre ordered a silver iPhone 6 full retail price in which I got in the mail on 9/24. I tried to buy another full retail phone today for verizon and was told by apple customer service (two different reps) that I could only purchase one phone per line even if paying full retail?
Buy T-Mobile contract free?

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
I'm pretty sure all phones are unlocked if purchased at full retail, except for the Sprint phones. Scalpers can come in, buy two at a time and then get in line again. Although I read an article in the New York times recently that scalpers have lost big this year. My local Apple Store has nary a scalper in sight anymore, at least as far as I can tell.

Pochi Hanaki

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009

Are you trying to put both phones on the same phone number. Yea you can't do that. You can only associate one phone per line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.