How are people from other providers ordering Iphone 4 today and switching? to At&t?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

My gf is on a family plan with her parents through Sprint. She wants to get an Iphone 4 and her parents will switch to At&t as well...like a family plan.

Can she not just walk into an At&t store and pre-order the phone and switch her parents over (the just want regular simple phones). Surely after the phone has been out A WHOLE MONTH...she won't have to wait another month to get the phone lol. Don't people get phones from Best Buy as well? What's the best and fastest way????

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What the..... your question is confusing.

Can't she just switch phone from Sprint to AT&T with her family? Yes
    Can she walk into store like BB and buy iphone 4? Hell no? Because there are wait lists and it goes for like 2 weeks or longer. Should have been prepared for it before launch...

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

She can walk into an AT&T corporate store and start up their family plan, and more than likely port over all of their numbers and go ahead and order an iPhone. While I agree the phone has been out for a month, demand is so great that filling requests is difficult. However, we ordered our iPhone 4 from the AT&T corporate store and received it in less than a week (business days that is). We ordered on a Friday night and it came in on following Thursday morning. Pretty good service in my book. The only difference is we are current AT&T customers, but once you establish the service, that is the longest wait.

I'm not sure of the wait time at a Best Buy, but establishing a family plan account and porting numbers might be easier accomplished at AT&T.

4. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

All I'm saying is since she is switching her parents with her she'll need to do it at an At&t store...will be easier for sure. But from what I've read...you can't even "pre-order" at the store and need to do it online only??? I know she has to wait a couple weeks to get the phone...which seems ridiculous at this stage but whatever