How are people liking the WHITE? Happy picked over black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jason2811, Sep 29, 2012.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Currently have a white 4S. Debating which color to the for the 5. I think the black looks sleek and like a brand new product but I don't put a case on my phone so I'm worried about scratches. The white looks really nice too but it looks very similar to the 4S. However, I would be less worried about scratches.

Anyway, how are people liking the white iphone?

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

This is the first time I considered the black model but I ended up buying the white iPhone, as I believe that white is more Apple like. I love it, and I believe it looks great. If I had lots of money I would also buy the black one :)

3. AJAAY macrumors regular

I had a black 4s, then one of my friends got a white 4s, and I instantly fell in love with it. Seriously debated selling my black 4s, and picking up a white one, but decided to wait for next iphone. So once the 5 and the preorders became live. I wasted no time ordering a white one, and have no regrets! :)

Fortunately, I haven't had the problems others are with their phones out of box. Now I'm debating on casing it up or just leaving it naked.

4. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I really enjoy mine. Haven't seen a black one in person yet, so can't really compare. I personally just find the white versions (3G, 4 and 5) just so classy in white. But that's just me.

I use a bodyguardz protector on the back and sides. Prevents from scratching and also I don't care for the feeling of the aluminum on my bare hands.

5. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

Always had a black iPhone but wanted something different so I went with white for the iPhone 5 and besides a possible battery issue with mine I love the White

6. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I got a black on on launch. Never use a case on my iPhones, after a week in my pocket I started to see the black paint scuffing on the edges. For me the new black phone is not durable enough , compared to the 4, so have organised a replacement white.

I do not mind natural aluminium scuffing, but not silver streaks behind black paint.

7. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

8. dylanursula macrumors 6502

ALways had black iPhones, now with a white one I cant believe I havent had one before - Love it.

9. mpossoff macrumors 68020

10. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

I used to get black phones but this time around the black is too ninja whereas the white is sooo sexy.

11. RyanG macrumors 6502

You really need to see the black/slate in person. It's amazingly sexy.

12. reputationZed macrumors 65816

I went with the black. It was scratch/scuff free out of the box. After four days of case free use I found a small wear mark on the chamfered edge just below the volume button. It's noticable if your looking for it, but it doesn't jump out at you. We're another four days down the road, I'm still caseless, and that is still the only scratch I have. In my experience, and I'm speaking purely about my iPhone and no one else's, is that the black finish is tougher than its getting credit for. Again your milage may very.

A guy I work with has the white iPhone 5. After looking at them side by side I still have a slight preference for the black one, but honestly would have been just as happy with the white.

My advise is don't worry about which color makes more sense, buy the color you like.

13. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

I really like the white, silver and black screen contrast combination compare to all just black. I'm glad I did the right decision.

14. lls4f macrumors regular

Love my white. Think its beautiful. If only I could find a working one! Got my first one replaced because of a bad mic and this one won't connect to wifi.

15. james92se macrumors 6502a

I had a black 4, white 4S, and now the black ("slate") 5. I loved my white 4S but was ready for a color change. My brother has the white 5.

After having played around with both the white and slate 5, I've noticed that the white version REALLY exaggerates the "longphone" syndrome that plagues the 5. Because the white border frames the screen on the white version and you have the white in between the screen and the side of the phone, it really makes the screen look tall and narrow, which it is, but the white magnifies it big time.

I definitely like my slate 5 way better for above reason alone.

16. KylePowers, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

I had a black 3GS and 4... went white for the 4s... currently debating on whether to go white or black for the 5.

I've seen a few black iPhones in person (played with one in Best Buy) and honestly, as sleek as it looks in photos, in person... it's just too black. I always loved the contrast of the 4/4S with its steel band and whatnot. So I think I'm leaning toward white right now.

Also, two of my friends have the black version, so I might try to be different ;)

EDIT - Switched aluminum to steel.

17. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I have owned the white iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, White iPad 2, White iPod touch and White iPod Video as well as the silver/grey nanos. That being said, for the first time ever I was attracted to the Black iPhone 5 (the two-tone back/slate),it really caught my attention and I do not regret my decision.

I have the habit of getting home after work and throwing my phone on my bed, sometimes I tend to through to hard and it bounces off and hits the wall then the floor (I have hard wood floors), i've also dropped it while driving and can't get it right away, so it slides back and forth on the floor of my car.

Its only been a week and still no scuffs or scratches and all those headlines regarding scuffs have just proven how OCD people can really be.

18. TofSanity macrumors 6502a

TofSanity

I wanted the black. Once I saw the white at my local Apple store my mind was changed. I have always had the black iPhone, so I am getting use to seeing the white one sitting on my desk, but I LOVE IT! The white/silver looks so good. I carry it "naked" and it still look beautiful after a week of use. BTW, it was perfect out of the box. I didn't have an iPhone 4S, only the 4, so I don't know if the screen on the 4S was visible in the sunlight, but the 5 is wonderful in the bright sun. Spent a hour in the sun yesterday during a ribbon cutting and watched a movie the whole time. the screen was no different than being in a dark room in my opinion. So, I am happy with the purchase all around!

19. oneprouddaddy macrumors member

oneprouddaddy

I Wanted something different since my last two phones were black (3GS, evo 4g)love it!

20. Jane333 macrumors regular

I have the white and I love it! The black is really nice, too. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

21. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

The colors are the same in daylight as a dark room???

For some reason I feel you might be exagerating slightly.

22. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

23. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

I woudnt mind getting a black replacement screen on my white 5, a ten minute swap job.