How are the regular casemate screen protectors sold at AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 55test55, Jun 30, 2010.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

They're only $9.99 for 3 of them...I kind of want to give it a shot.

Any opinions on the quality of them? Thanks!

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I used to use them on my old 3G and they were okay -- I ended up replacing them more often than other protectors I've tried. If you have a silicone case, sometimes it makes the corner of the protector pop up, which is irritating. It made them get dirt/dust under those corners so you had to replace it more often.

I've also tried the anti-glare ones and those fared much better -- never needed replacing, but when I took off the anti-glare I realized how much of the pretty screen I was missing, so I never went back.

They're *okay* for 9.99, you just have to watch which case you put over them.

3. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice! I'm not really expecting powersupport quality, but then again, all of these damn 'protectors' are just hard plastic, heh.

4. BoleCailey macrumors member

They suck. They don't quite fit the phone and the edges won't seal because of this. I should really take them back but I am to lazy.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

+1. the edges won't lay flat. the clarity sucks. the surface has a weird waxy feel. complete junk.

they don't have precise cutouts, but the ifrogz anti glare protectors are made of a very high clarity material and lay nice and flat. if they were cut perfectly to fit the holes and home button, I wouldn't bother getting a PS when they come out.

6. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I have it on my phone, I was able to get the edges to sit strait after the 3rd attempt, but none of them would sit flat between the speaker hole and the camera hole. Really crappy. The quality isnt great either, in the sun you can see a rainbow pattern. I am going to take mine back too.

7. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I have one one mine now, it's not the greatest but it will do until power support ships theirs.

8. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jeez, that sucks. Where the hell can I get just a regular, decent protector?! What's up with case and protector manufacturers for this phone?

9. OC513 macrumors 6502

+1....they are ok....not as good as power support but at $10 for 3 they will do for now.....it is smooth like glass and very clear. Mine fits pretty perfectly.

10. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

All the smart case and accessory manufacturers waited for the phone to be released to actually make the stuff. All the initial cases, screen protectors etc we have seen have all been plagued with issues. So companies like power support waited to actually do some R&D with an actual iPhone 4. Which is why Power support screen protectors are the absolute best quality on the market hands down. I have tried about 10 different types of screen protectors, from wet application to dry and power support is the best.