How are the stock levels in Los Angeles for ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by peterjmay, Apr 19, 2011.

1. peterjmay macrumors newbie

I am visiting LA on May 21 for 2 weeks and wanted to buy an ipad 2. Can you walk into an applestore and buy one, i dont want / unable to preorder one to pick up while Im in LA.

So, are all stores still sold out, is there still a waiting list.
    I just bought one here in the UK just to be on the safe side as I had a voucher which knocks £21 off the price and didnt want to lose out on that deal just incase i couldnt find one in the US.....After all its only a saving of £45!!

So, any folks in the US know the answer? :eek:

2. Cpt.Oliver macrumors member

You still need to reserved online your ipad2 before walking to an apple store and buy it. You said you are unable to reserved online while in LA ? Use your smartphone to reserve it ;)

3. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

I live in DC but take my word for it, they should have some in stock around lunchtime so just check then.

4. goMac macrumors 603

There has never been a reserve or preorder list in the US. The only way to get one in the US is to walk in the store and hope they have it.

5. importraverxx macrumors regular

I got mine yesterday from Target in Chino Hills.. 16gb black wifi only. At the that time they had 4 16gb wifi and 1 64gb 3G Verizon. So I don't think stock is an issue around here. Just have to look around a little bit. I wouldn't go to an Apple Store simply because that is where everyone goes first when they want to buy it. Check Target and Bestbuy imo.