How are they going to keep all the ports on the "rumored" macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Spreken, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Spreken macrumors newbie

so with the rumored shots of the macbook pro having a facelift to look more air like. The weirdest thing is that it looks like the battery would run along the back or at least most of the back near the screen. Thing is if the battery moves there where are you going to put the ports, because i would assume you would keep the optical drive where it is. Does that mean it would be set up like the macbook and all be along the left? (or lets hope not the front of the laptop).

maybe if apple follow through with their patent on a optical slot on the bottom of the laptop that would open up some more real estate for ports.

just a bit of speculation

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Any design rumors are just that; rumors. No-one except for the highest of the highly ranked people at Apple know what it is going to look like. I wouldn't be worrying about ports on a computer which doesn't officially exist yet.

3. Spreken thread starter macrumors newbie

why do you come to the macrumors forum then? to look at the pretty pictures...

i didn't say speculation for no reason. If i want to talk about how the new macbook pro might work i will. your on a rumors site what are you really expecting?

4. MacGeek Pro macrumors member

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

OP, the battery is thought to go on the front of the new MBP, not the back. This will leave the ports where they are and most likely give better access to the HD and RAM.

6. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Hmm, battery on the front. As long as it's not charging, that would be good, as it would allow a cooler wrist rest/hand rest when typing. I know after a while, the front of my HP gets super hot since the HD and the RAM are right up front. Sometimes I can barely use the trackpad.

7. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

8. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Superman has it ;)

9. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Super Drive could possibly be on the side and ports would be moved to the back.

Don

10. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

And what about the vents....? :)