How are you getting the 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jack97, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Jack97 macrumors regular

Jack97

We can't preorder, which leaves ordering on release day or going to an apple store to pick one up.

What're you going to do? And what do you think my chances are of getting a 5S from the store on Saturday instead of Friday?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Which ever day you go, just go early. When I got my ipad, they had lines (not that long) every morning for weeks after the launch. They get new shipments every day so every morning brings new people out.

3. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I work by an att store so I'm going to show up at 6am or so.

4. Jack97 thread starter macrumors regular

Jack97

Okay - but when you say "early," just how early do you mean? i.e. my nearest store opens at 9:30am, when do you suggest I get there? :)

5. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Depends on where you live. I just walked into an Apple Store in GA when I purchased the iPad 3 on launch day. Waiting until 1100 to avoid the fanatics and before everyone else took lunch.

Some cities have way larger Apple fan base.

Cheers,

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Its hard to tell. See below...
    Very true. I totally forget when I got my 4S, I went at noon a few days after launch and they had the model I wanted.

Maybe you can ask an employee, based on past launches, when people start to line up. I would think the day after launch, at least an hour before to be safe...

7. seifmnsour macrumors newbie

iPhone 5S unlock

Hi guys, sorry to bother y'all but am still a noob at this kinda stuff :) ... my dad is me buying the iPhone 5S from AT&T on the release date on a 2 year contract but then travelling abroad and i want to unlock this phone to work with any SIM, and i heard that swiftunlocks is great.. but my question is when i unlock it, then the 2 year contract is automatically terminated or do i have to pay sth like a cancellation fee & whatnot???????

8. The Robot Cow macrumors 6502

The Robot Cow

It all depends on how big your town is and how many electronics stores there are.

9. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Ordering online at first opportunity and wait for front door delivery. I refuse to wait in line..which is what Apple wants everyone to do and probably the reason for not allowing pre-orders on the 5s.

10. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Order from the Apple Store app and have it shipped to my work place.

11. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Going to try stores for the first few days. I have 2 Apple stores, 4 Best Buys and 2 AT&T stores to check between my house and my office. :) The only one I can see on the way in is an AT&T store. If there is no line when I go by at 6am, I may stop there. If there is a line (I expect there will be one) I will go to Best Buy by my office at 11 for an early lunch. If that fails, I'll leave there and try the AT&T store by my office.

If I have to, I'll try the Apple Stores after work (with a phone call ahead of time.) Last resort will be back to the AT&T store near my house or one of the other Best Buys near my house in the evening.

If I don't have one by then, I might go line up Saturday morning at the Apple store by my house. :)

12. Blackforge macrumors 6502

I'll probably place an order online at the Apple store and then go wait in line at the new Verizon store they just opened up a couple of minutes away from my house. If the Verizon store doesn't have enough stock, then I'll just wait on my Apple order. If they do, I'll cancel at Apple.

13. Spacial macrumors 6502

I'm not buying into a mediocre "upgrade".

As such I'll sit back and be entertained by the others as they scramble frantically to obtain one. :D

14. APPLEFUNRF macrumors regular

APPLEFUNRF

15. Poly macrumors 6502

Probably midnight Cupertino time. Just like the 5C preorders.

16. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I'm either ordering it on Apple's website or hitting an Apple store. Not sure. Has to be through Apple though. I have a $50 gift card.

17. Madhawk macrumors regular

Madhawk

Will be pcking one up from the store... Took the day off.