How are you guys with OCZ finding the new Mac toold we devel;oped for the drives?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ocztony, Sep 24, 2012.

1. ocztony macrumors newbie

I'm curious how you guys are finding the new tools, can you think of anything else you would like to see within the tools?

On the whole I find them easy to use on my 5,5 MBP, i use a 256GB Vtx4 here now with ML and TRIM enabler and its getting boring looking for issues, updating drive FW is now very easy ect.

But i need to know what you think of the tools?

2. nontroppo macrumors 6502

nontroppo

New tools are great. I have several vertex 4's and updating the firmware was very straightforward, my only slight issue was probably not really reading the instructions in detail (yeah, I know RTFM!) I wasn't sure which tool I was supposed to use as you have a couple of tools on your boot tool which each claim to update the firmware (and one of them seemed to do nothing). Clearer instructions within the tools themselves would be neat!

Anyway, thanks for making a cross-platform tool!

Of course it would be cooler if they ran on OS X and we could use things like Carbon Copy Cloner / disk utility at the same time, but I think realistically a unified cross-platform tool makes most sense...

But I really wish the vertex 4 had mounting screws for the Mac Pro SATA trays, all it would take is a small redesign of your little metal sled!!! That would be cool... :cool::apple: