How are you liking your iPhone on Sprint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anti_, Nov 13, 2011.

1. anti_ macrumors member

anti_

Now that Sprint's joined the ranks of AT&T and Verizon, how are any MacRumors members enjoying their new iPhones on the Now Network?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. wellok macrumors 6502

Have the speed issues been improving for you guys?

4. JoeHemi macrumors member

Nope, data speed still blows. Calls are great though, no drops at all.

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

My data speeds are faster than my Evo so I'm loving it

6. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

7. anti_ thread starter macrumors member

anti_

At least the reception's good haha. How slow are speeds?

8. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

9. facke02 macrumors newbie

NO... Returned it after 13 days. Data speed was terrible in Orlando FL area.

10. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

A cousin and a friend both got a 4S on Sprint and love it. Both are not noticing slower data speeds either.

11. anti_ thread starter macrumors member

anti_

Ever run a speed test verwon?

12. tmdouglas macrumors newbie

I absolutly love my iPhone 4S on Sprint. The data speeds are comparable to what I was getting on the evo, and the iPhone blows the evo out of the water on ease of use and it just simply a beautiful piece of technology.

13. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yep! I'm usually running very well, but I'm in the Seattle area, which has a very strong Sprint network.

14. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I'm loving it. Data speeds are between 700Kbps to 1.3Mbps. Calls are crystal clear.

15. anti_ thread starter macrumors member

anti_

Mind sharing the results with us?

a meg is nice. glad to know you're loving your service. thanks for the input

16. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The speed I have on my Verizon phone is slower than say when I had my AT&T iPhone 4 but the fact it's reliable and never gets server timeouts means that it's awesome. I'm sure sprint is the same.

17. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

What good would my results serve anyone that doesn't live here?

Far too many people are hung up on that. If you live in a different area, you're results aren't going to match. It's also going to be affected by network congestion, nearness to towers and etc.

Decide what is, or isn't acceptable to you.

18. anti_ thread starter macrumors member

anti_

Well thanks for taking out your pent-up frustration on this subject out on me. I don't want to argue please forget I asked.

19. Sulten macrumors regular

Sulten

I like mine but then again i use the phone for calls, txt and streaming music. Not really a web surfer on the phone or anything. I use GPS and im good there also.

20. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

What? I didn't rave at you, at all. Sensitive much?

21. anti_ thread starter macrumors member

anti_

I've read quite a bit that AT&T offers the fastest speeds (area-dependent) but that Verizon offers the most consistent of speeds across the board. Also, Verizon's call reception is second to none but then again, I'm sure we all know that.

----------

I'm wrong I'm sensitive I'm any of the above.

22. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Same here. The data speeds in Pasco county were so bad.

23. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Happy so far. Data isn't that fast, but it's fast enough. At least I can get a signal in my house. ATT sucks ass when you go off the main roads into neighborhoods. I lived in two houses in Virginia with ATT and got nothing, then moved to Florida with ATT and got nothing in the house. Now I've got a signal with Sprint. It IS a phone, afterall.

24. Millionin20s macrumors regular

I'm not as happy as I thought I would be.

I've been on Sprint for a few years now, and I have run into the limitations of their data network. For the most part, I was ok with them. The devices I was using for data usually weren't optimized well for what I wanted to do with them, or did the job enough of the time for me not to complain. Basically, I was willing to settle for less since I had already settled for less.

But now? The iPhone is a beautiful piece of technology. It needs a network that handles data as seamlessly as the device itself does. I should not have to hope to run into a more powerful wi-fi network when I'm walking around downtown Philadelphia and want to download an app. Youtube videos should not stutter to a stop every 2 seconds. And I shouldn't have to think about how many calls I've missed that have magically turned into voicemails because my phone did not ring. Sprint's data service is not good enough and the voice isn't either. I'm seriously considering trying another network.

I've rooted for Sprint. It's time to do better.

25. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Switched from AT&T to Sprint. AT&T data was a bit faster but was dropping calls often. While Sprint's data isn't as fast it still does the job. I stream radio pretty much all day with no issues. Voice calls have been great as well. South Florida, Fort Lauderdale area.