How Bain was saved from bankruptcy with a Federal bailout

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by plinden, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Interesting read. Too bad it will never hit the mainstream media.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In-teresting.

A week or two back I read that there's buzz going around that Obama's people were sitting on a little bomb that they wanted to drop on Romney. They were just waiting for the right moment, for maximum effect.

And then this comes out. During the Republican convention. When the GOP is convinced that their strongest selling point for their man is what a good businessman he is.

Hmm.

Oh, I think Obama's campaign will make sure it gets talked about. Democratic convention coming up. And there's always the Sunday talk shows.

3. AhmedFaisal Guest

It's on the beast now. Interesting indeed but I don't see this necessarily as a smoking gun. A lot of banks got bailed out. I don't blame the banks. I would have done the same thing. I blame our politicians for being so goddamn incompetent in how they set this ****ing thing up. The bailouts globally were created for the express purpose to alleviate the credit crunch, and that would have been a worthy cause if it had been used for that purpose. The problem was that the money was handed out as a blank check without anybody enforcing or even having the right to enforce that the money was funneled into relieving the short term credit market. Instead the banks pumped it into propping up their ailing investment arms and paying bonuses and the credit crunch remained. Am I disappointed it happened, sure, but the majority of the blame goes to the politicians that gave out the money without attaching the appropriate strings and then enforced them.

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Well I wonder why Romney has never mentioned this.