How Bernie Sanders beat the clock — and avoided disclosure

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Aug 18, 2016.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Man of the people. :rolleyes:

Lost in all this is he and his wife buying a third home recently for $600,000.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/201...nie-sanders-beat-clock-and-avoided-disclosure

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

4. SusanK macrumors 68000

And we are upset with Senator Sanders because?

5. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Let's not forget - women also work in 2016. Jane Sanders has her own career and contributes very significantly to the household income.

Depending on where the residence is located, $600,000 might not be a lot of house. That is about the average price for 3,000 sq ft with a small yard in the area I live in. Not extravagant by any means.

6. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Same for here in Seattle. However, it's clear you missed the part talking about 3rd house.

7. FieldingMellish Suspended

Regardless, shameless, secretive, scheming Democrats done Bernie wrong.

8. bent christian, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

It's not his third house.

Sanders has a condo in DC, which makes sense, because he works there.

Sanders has a two-story house in Burlington. He resides in the state he represents (obviously).

Sanders just bought a four-bedroom 1,800 sq ft vacation house on a lake as a 74-year old man. They sold family property to buy it.

What is extravagant about this?

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Well I'd say for someone always claiming to be for the little guy and then going off to buy a 3rd place of residency it seems, oh I don't know, a little off. Maybe you are a higher roller than I, but I don't know many, if any, people that own 3 homes/apartments/condos. I don't think you're missing the point. I think you're blatantly ignoring it.

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Which will likely be the house he plans on spending his last days in...hopefully years and years from now.

11. bent christian, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

bent christian Suspended

bent christian

How is having money he and his wife worked for incompatible with an ethical stand in favor of people who also work for the money they have? I know people who don't have dual six figure incomes that own a home and a vacation cabin. This is not unheard of. It's pretty normal.

My wife and I are in the lower, but comfortable, end of the middle class. We bought a $10k horse a few years ago. Do you have a problem with that?

12. AsherN macrumors 6502

Where I'm from, it gets you a 2 bedroom condo.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016 ---
    His DC condo is likely paid for by the living allowance Senators get. And that condo will get sold once he leaves office. He has a principal residence in Burlington and just bought a vacation home. I know a lot of people like that.

13. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, she was the recipients of a golden parachute (and we know how much Bernie loves those) while destroying an institution of higher learning.

Bernie Sanders, same as the others.

14. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Clearly. She did so single-handedly! The woman is EVIL! Pure EVIL, I tell you.