How big are the chances of get and faulty BTO iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by diegobgr, Aug 13, 2010.

1. diegobgr macrumors 6502

Well, finally...MY iMAC HAS BEEN ORDERED :D

It will ship next week, hope to have it here soon.

I am scared now to get a noisy HD, dead pixels or things like that.

How big are the chances? If I get a bad one, they will send me a new one before pick up the old one? I will need the computer from September 1st.

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

You'll most likely get a working one.. And you'll have to send yours back before they send a new one.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

OP, I have 2 pieces of advice for you.

1) Instead of being scared of getting a faulty iMac, stay excited that you are getting an iMac, your positive energy will bring you what you want. No science or psychology here, but it just does you no good for being negative about something you haven't even received yet.

2) Stay the hell off Macrumors (at least in the iMac sections ;)) if you want to stay positive. Forums get misused daily for people to express hatred, ranting, spreading FUD and fulfilling agendas. SOME and only SOME are really here for problems that they did not create. Can you imagine how flooded MR would be if all the people with positive experiences with their Macs posted? I can assure you it would greatly outweigh the OCD complainers.

Stay positive and enjoy, I'm sure you'll have a lot to brag to the forum about when you get your new iMac. :)

4. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

How big are the chances of getting a faulty bto iMac? Not very likely.
    How big are the chances to see someone posting on this forum for a faulty bto iMac? Very likely.

5. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

+1

You most likely will get a perfect machine. You'll love it too!

Enjoy it and be proud.

:D

6. tclamp07 macrumors member

The overall chance is unlikely but I know firsthand that mistakes happen. If you are one of the unlucky few apple will take care of you. Recently I had an issue with an imac and had to get a replacement and the key is to ask for an advanced replacement. With the advanced replacement apple sends out the replacement imac while keeping your credit card info on file. Once you receive the replacement imac you send out your faulty imac within the give time period without any charges to your card. Very helpful!

7. nobias macrumors regular

My 3rd is coming. First was fubared by Fedex 1nd has
    Screen problems.

8. symbology macrumors regular

You have to stay positive. If we felt that we were going to get a bad iMac, we would not have ordered them in the first place.

I am currently in the same boat as you, though I am waiting on iMac #2 as I was one of the unlucky ones.

My advise, don't look for the issues. Just use the iMac for 10 days and if you do not notice anything, well..... be happy. If you do see something strange, or have an issue, then decide how to deal with it.

9. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

My 27" iMac, a BTO, purchased last November, has been perfect. I've bought 3 other Intel processor iMacs, one BTO, 2 MacBooks (refurbs), and 3 Mac minis (two refurbs). Only one had problems -- the mini I bought in an Apple retail store had bad audio connector. It was replaced under warranty.

10. diegobgr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!

I really can't wait for the iMac.

It's gonna be a long week...:p

11. symbology macrumors regular

Lets hope that he does.

12. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

I recently bought a iMac 21.5 i3 from Best Buy as I had quite a few Best Buy bucks built up and when I opened the box, set it up, Drum roll please ............................... Everything worked just fine, no scratches, no dings no dead pix, the mouse and keyboard were in as perfect condition as frail fallen human beings can make. Now, go enjoy that new iMac even if the case/mouse/keyboard may look as if they have a hairline scratch on them, as eventually they will get some anyway.

13. hippo206 macrumors 6502

depends on who you ask.

My opinion, your imac will be perfect.

14. The Beatles macrumors regular

good piece of advice but i'll add to it.

Be grateful and feel good about being able to have such a quality computer. But keep yourself grounded with the possibility of it having an issue. Something you can deal with if the time comes.

diegobgr, you need to listen to more beatles music, you'll stop worrying before the end of the eighth measure. :cool: :apple: