How Big Will iP6 Be?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrkactjob, Jul 6, 2013.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

2. Demonface macrumors 6502a

We wouldn't know the exact size untill its actually released.

3. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

4. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

If the iPhone 6 doesn't at least go to 4.3" (preferably 4.5 or bigger), I'm switching to Android. People talk all this smack about Android phones being too big, but I'd be willing to bet that over 90% of them haven't used a larger sized phone for more than a few minutes at the mall.

After a few days, you get accustomed to it and and you start to realize how much better viewing photos/typing/reading news/playing games is on a big screen. And believe me, once Apple makes a bigger device, everyone will be praising it. Just like when people in this forum used to say how perfect a 3.5 inch screen is, the ideal size for using your thumb cuz of the radius blah blah blah, and now those same people are saying how great the 5 is. The majority are just blind fanboys.

5. oaktree macrumors regular

Why would you want a phone you have to get accustomed to?

6. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

When the 5 came out, there were plenty of threads about "iPhone 5 too tall" or "iPhone 5 too long", yet people still got accustomed to it... Because the experience is better

Just like all these people that are saying iOS 7 is ugly will get accustomed to it. I don't understand your question, because Apple has made several changes recently that people have to get accustomed to, and it seems like you neglect this fact.

7. darster Suspended

8. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Samsung just throws out products at every screen size and price point and sees what sticks. That's how we got the Galaxy Note... People were saying it's too big, yet both of them (if I'm not mistaken) have sold well over 10 million. The Galaxy S 4 mini is still 4.3'', which is bigger than the iPhone. Samsung put out a Galaxy s3 mini last year, but no one bought it. The push is to bigger phones.

Apple made the iPhone bigger last year, and I'm sure they'll do it again next year.

9. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I personally hope Apple sticks with the current size. I've tried out both the HTC One and S4 but they are more of a pain to use one handed due to the increased length which causes the bottom controls to be even farther away from your thumb.

Of course others will have different opinions on what the ideal iPhone screen size should be but Apple is the only one who's opinion really matters and so far they seem to agree with me :D

10. Jeffrey Jeff macrumors member

5" option or i'm gone, and so are many other people.

and a 4" option for all you people with small hands.. even though i know that the majority that cry about a 5" iPhone will be the first in line.

:rolleyes:

11. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I'm satisfied with the current screen size, but I wouldn't complain if they moved up to about 4.3"

12. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Ugh if they go bigger I'm definitely sticking it out with the 5 for a few years. My Blackberry Storm2 was that perfect 3.5" screen for texting in landscape. The 4" iPhone 5 screen is awkward typing in landscape, so I've switched to portrait.

Phablets are awkward and ridiculous. I don't want a phone as big as my head. It's a fad and it will soon pass.

13. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Current size is enough. If Apple can increase the width to 4.3 in the same iphone 5 form factor, that will be OK. But if they do, just wait a few nano seconds, and some fanatic kid will want 4.5, than 5 inch, than 5.5 inches, and so on. It will never end.

14. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

A certain percentage of the market demands a larger screen. It makes no sense to simply "give" that segment of the market to the competition.

Apple should introduce the iPhone 6 with a 4.7" (like the HTC One) or 4.8" screen. They should also replace the iPhone 5/5S with an "iPhone 6 Mini" which provides a 5/5S form factor with a 4.2-4.3" screen and a slimmer bezel.

15. alexforget82 macrumors regular

Pretty sure they can go up to 4.3" or 4.5" and keep the same dimension...

16. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

17. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Adjusting to something new or different is not necessarily an odious task.:)

18. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

A better experience is subjective and a personal preference
    While I have an iPhone 5 and have no real issue with the size, I prefer the size of the 4s

19. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I hope it's smaller. Screen size is my secondary concern.

20. deuxani macrumors 6502

deuxani

I actually went from a Galaxy Nexus and Lumia 920 back to the iPhone 5. And to be honest, I missed the smaller form factor. Personally I would be ok with 4.3" with a minimal bezel.

21. zipster macrumors 6502

So over posts like "I use my phone as a PHONE!", "I don't want a PHABLET UGH"

Honestly, phones today are used for things more than phone features. People use their phones to do work, play video games, watch movies, etc. People also want a device that can do all of that. That's why Android's larger phones are so popular. Samsung made smaller versions of Galaxy, which weren't half as popular as their larger counterpart.

22. waa1futs macrumors 6502

I am productive on my iPhone 4s 3.5" screen, plus I play video games just fine using gaming emulators and a Bluetooth controller.

Watch movies on a smartphone though? no way would I want to (even on a phablet).

Sure they made a S4 mini... without flagship status or the advertising PLUS lowered specs and left out features compared to the original S4. Of course it won't be as popular :rolleyes:

23. chrisaster macrumors regular

The only way they'll increase the screen size again IMO is by minimising the bezel... But that means they might have to move away from the traditional home button and get devs to rewrite existing apps again.

Personally I think apple will keep a similar form factor as if you want bigger get an iPad mini and use that.

But they should have 2 phones... IPhone 6

And iPhone 6 mini or Large or 5" or galaxy iPhone 6 lol

24. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

Over in the IOS forums, some developers have suggested that the real reason for IOS7's switch to text-based elements (which scale) and the elimination of bitmap-based graphics and toolbars (which don't scale well) is to create a vector-based UI that scales to any resolution and any size screen, so developers can design once for any sized phone.