How can I accomplish My Own albums in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dorfdad, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

I have a bunch of single artist songs that I want to make into a compilation for iTunes however I'm not sure how to do this.

The issue is if I take 100 songs and make them a compilation in iTunes it shows all the individual artists. I just want to make them into an album name and not have this displayed as individual artists while maintaining their ID tags etc... IS this even Possible??

Thanks in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just make the Album Artist field something like "Various Artists" and leave the individual artists in the Artist field. Then add the Album name. iTunes groups songs as an album if all tracks have identical information in the following fields:
    Album
    Sort Album
    Album Artist
    Sort Album Artist​

3. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

so if i am making an 80's album it wont populate itunes with 100 different artists with one song?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No. For each track, put that track's song name in the Name field, that track's artist in the Artist field, "Various Artists" in the Album Artist field, and the album name in the Album field.

5. Dorfdad thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks GG I will give it a go here in a bit! Thanks for the help hope it works :)