How can I arrange my photos on the iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrilyam, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mrilyam macrumors newbie

Im a PC user so iphoto is not an option, but anyhow I just went on a trip and I have about 100+ photos I put on my phone, and I cant seem to get it to copy the way I have it in my folder. In my folder the pics are arranged by name, but when I copy to the iphone, the phone seems to do whatever order it wants for them. Anyway I can fix this ?

2. ~Wibble~ macrumors member

My friend had this problem, i had a look and the whole management system is based on iphoto :(. like the music is based on itunes. you could try downloading the airsharing app, that allows you to put folders on your iphone, maybe if you put you photo folder on it?

hope this helps:p

~Wibble~

3. andreshoyos macrumors newbie

Arrange your iphone Photos!!

There is only one thing you need to know when you are going to arrange your photos and that is the order of them:

the iphone recognizes the picture in alfabetical order, so if you have abc will go first than acb.. that is why when you put picture 11 goes right next to picture 1 instead of going after picture 10, so for example you want to configure 15 pictures this is one order you might use:

.....etc

I hope I make my self clear, and that helps for you!!

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If you care about this kind of thing you really should be using a photo management app. (Can you imagine controlling your music and videos without a program like iTunes to help you?)

Since you can't get iPhoto on Windows I suggest Adobe Photoshop Elements:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

It has organization functions and, hey, you get some Photoshop tools along with it!

iTunes can 'talk' with elements and will let you select which parts of Photoshop's library you want to put on your phone.

5. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

6. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

If I add a folder and the image names are IMG-0012 - IMG- 0152, it places them on the phone in that order.

7. Badfoot macrumors 6502

or 001, 002, 003 ...etc