How can I arrange search results/ clear recent notification

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by audirs5, Sep 24, 2017.

1. audirs5 macrumors 6502

Hello,

When I search in spotlight, how can I re arrange the results to prioritize what I want in top (example, contacts first---> applications )

Next, I noticed I can clear my old notifications but how can I clear the recent ones. Right now it's making me clear each one individually..

Thanks

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

As far as notifications go, if you lock your device and then unlock it again the recent notifications will move to become part of the older notifications and could be cleared out all together there.

3. audirs5 thread starter macrumors 6502

So now I have another step? Before you could clear it all in one try
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2017 ---
    Doesn't work

Attached Files:

4. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Did you lock the phone and unlock it again after you got those new notifications (and then bring down the Notification Center again once unlocked)?

5. audirs5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lock as in push the side button, or lock where I need to enter in a passcode? (My passcode kicks in after 4 hours)

6. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Just the side button to lock the phone.

7. audirs5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, that works... Mind explaining why Apple added more steps to this? seems like this is counterproductive. I have to unlock my phone, then re lock my phone in order to clear the notifications...

8. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Well, you can clear the individual ones individually.

As for the reasoning, it's hard to say why it's done that way. Perhaps Apple didn't want to provide an easy way to dismiss all notifications including new/recent ones as various people were doing it accidentally before they had a chance to review those new notifications. Perhaps it's a change for other reasons or just a redesign of some sort without a particular specific reason. Perhaps it's an oversight or even a bug of some sort that the option isn't there.

9. audirs5 thread starter macrumors 6502

No the second question: How do I arrange my results to be prioritized in how I want?

Thanks!