how can i back up my contacts to my PC or to an app for later use?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by aliensarecool, Feb 25, 2012.

1. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

i need to restore from new but my backups were while my phone was jailbroken...i wanna restore from scratch but not unless i can somehow backup all my contacts. i've been wanting have a backup for them for a while besides itunes in case something every happened to my phone.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You can sync to either Google or iCloud then export the contacts to a VCF file from Google or OS X Address Book.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you click on your phone in iTunes, and then click on the Info tab, it should give you the ability to sync your iPhone's contacts to some app on your Windows PC.

Personally, I sync my stuff to iCloud, so I can access it from pretty much any computer (via www.icloud.com)

4. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I tries syncing with i cloud not it made 2 of each

5. aliensarecool thread starter macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry made bunch of duplicated

6. ivanfsg macrumors newbie

7. funkymatt macrumors newbie

i am not 100% sure since I use the iCloud, but if you really want to stick away from iTunes (or for that matter the iCloud) for explicable reasons (jailbreak), you can indeed use Outlook or something like this iPhone contacts backup program for PC.