How can I download music straight to my iPhone library without jb?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Inco, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Inco macrumors newbie

Hello guys,
    As you can see I'm new here so happy new year :p

About my question now,tittle says it all but I still have something related to the tittle..Is there a radio that I can listen to without WiFi? I mean an offline one,you know.

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    inco.

2. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

3. Inco thread starter macrumors newbie

Straight to iPhone library dude,I mean like download from iPhone straight to my library

4. SprSynJn Guest

If you mean download from iTunes on your iPhone and then have it download to your computer library, then you'll have to enable iCloud sync on the iTunes that is on your computer. Is that what you mean?

5. Inco thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope! I mean how can I download music from my iPhone and instead of going into the program documents,to go into my music library..

6. SprSynJn Guest

I wasn't aware the iPhone had a program folder. Are you using a different app than iTunes to download music?

Ate you talking about plugging in your iPhone into your computer?

7. Inco thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm talking about if there is any program or any method I could use to download free music straight to my iPhone library without jailbreaking nor using a computer. To sum up,I mean how can I download free music from my iPhone straight to my iPhone's music library without jb nor pc. And if there is any free radio that I can listen to without wifi.

8. SprSynJn Guest

9. F1 Fan macrumors regular

F1 Fan

1) Any radio app you get will need to get the data from somewhere in order to play it. If you are not connected to WiFi then it will use your data package - not a big deal if you have unlimited data or don't listen much but otherwise you'll need to watch your data usage. I use "TuneIn Radio"

2) I haven't looked myself but I suspect there's not a lot of free music on the iTunes store. As far as I am aware (again, I haven't looked) the iTunes store is the only way you'll be able to download music straight to your library.

10. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Nope, you cannot download music on your iphone and have it go into your Music on the iPhone.

I don't know about your second question but I suspect not.

11. Inco thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answers guys..oh a simple q: For these who have iPhone 5..How long does battery stay alive?

12. SprSynJn, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013

SprSynJn Guest

Not very long compared to the iPhone 4. Better compared to other devices I've heard.

13. bunny Kat macrumors newbie

But then would u have to pay for the music on your pc @Compile 'em all??? On iTunes

14. bloutrein macrumors regular

bloutrein

For free streaming/radio on your iphone you can try Tunebash or Tunebow. Also Grooveshark (much like Spotify but free), I am not sure whether that last one was not only for Android.

15. Cloverof4 macrumors newbie

A lot of people report different results. Mine lasts steady use from around 7AM to 9PM with iOS 6. I'm a beta user of iOS 7, and it's horrible now, but clearly that's not the phone.

16. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

You can get "Free MP3" apps on the App Store but unlike android, they don't (read; are unable to) save to the iPod music library. Apple does something funky to the way the iPod app works to prevent it. You can get around it by using said "Free MP3" app to play all but this isn't ideal.

One of the reasons why I'm currently an Apple fan carrying an Android device.

Disclaimer: I support trying before buying. If you like it, support the Artists.

17. Louder_16 macrumors newbie

Louder_16

--- Post Merged, Jul 6, 2016 ---
    There is no way of doing it without a jailbreak if you can jailbreak it which is my opinion the route to go then you can download a program called Filza it's a program document directory and one of the tools in the program allows you to add downloaded music from any source whether it be free MP3 or any other program directly into your iPod music library it converts it from MP3 or other files similar to AAC automatically and uploads directly into iPod music library. Just jailbreak your phone it's well worth it and it's not that hard it's a plug-and-play and then All u gotta do is learn how to work Cydia and add new sources to get the program's free!

18. aisha88 macrumors newbie

aisha88

Sure you can do that use freegal and spinrilla.

19. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

This topic is from 2013 but I still would like to point out that there are alternative options to 'download' and listen to music offline there are various third party apps but this music won't become available in the Apple Music app but only in the third party app itself.