How can I download the Bootcamp 3.2 update if I cant get on the internet in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MichaelGMacbook, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MichaelGMacbook macrumors newbie

Today I installed Windows 7 64 bit, on to my Macbook Unibody. Everything worked perfectly, partitioning the disk space, Installation of Windows 7 and finally installing the Bootcamp drivers from my Mac OS X disc which came with my Mac. Until the internet would not work and my wireless, Netgear, could not be found. I cant find any option to "Turn on wireless" or anything like that. I looked online and I found out that I may need to download the Bootcamp 3.2 update in Windows, the problem is.. How can i download it if i have no internet in Windows !? :eek: :confused:

Also, if you have any ideas of any other reasons my connection will not be found it would be much appreciated.

Hope you can help, thanks.

2. MJL macrumors 6502a

1) from your reply I gather you have access to a DVD/CD reader
    2) on another computer you can go to the Apple website and under support find the 3.2 update. Download it and put it on a CD or USB stick
    3) insert in your laptop and start install

3. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I'm not sure I understand, can't you just boot into OSX and download it there?

4. MichaelGMacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh thanks I thought that might work, but do i have to download it and put it on a disc/USB from another windows computer or can i download it from the mac operating system on my macbook, where i do have internet access and put it on to a disc or USB from there, then switch to windows and insert the disc/USB?

----------

I don't know because it downloads as a text edit file, does that matter?

5. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

IT doesn't matter what the file looks like in OS X just copy it to USB or direct to the bootcamp partition if you have NTFS-3G.

6. MichaelGMacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, since i have the 3.0 version, should I just download the latest version straight away or should i download every other version in order first?