how can I figurer out what is causing my safari to run slow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tbluhp, May 7, 2011.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

My other browsers firefox, chrome and opera run smooth but safari is slow how can I find out what makes it slow?

2. celticpride678

We're going to need to more. Safari version...Mac OS X version...what's slow?

3. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. simsaladimbamba

Again, what is slow exactly?

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

5. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Sometimes—especially when you have a lot of tabs open and a lot of pages running Flash—Safari can hang to the point where it needs a restart. You can test in a new User to see if Safari runs faster without all the bookmarks and cache files in your User's folder.

CREATE A NEW USER

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Accounts. Switch to the New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching.

1GB RAM is barely enough to run Snow Leopard much less applications.

How much free space do you have? Open Activity Monitor in Applications/Utilities and click on the Disk Usage button at the bottom part of the window. You need a minimum of 10% free to use as virtual memory. If you next click on the System Memory tab, you'll probably see you are paging in/out because you don't have enough RAM.

See Problems from Insufficient RAM and Free Hard Disk Space