How can I find the pinout to a connector on the mini motherboard?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by teeck2000, Jul 21, 2009.

1. teeck2000 macrumors regular

Hello,

I am looking for some help on figuring out the pinout to the non standard pcie x1 lane connector. I have a new mac mini that has a 30 pin connection on the motherboard, which connects the wifi/bluetooth that I have confirmed with apple is a PCIe x1. I have been able to find the 3.3v, Ground and Clock pins, but nothing else. I was hoping someone would know how to find the pinouts with measuring equipment. I am currently using a 100mhz oscilloscope. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? I was hoping to measure the signals on another motherboard with a standard PCIe and then by comparing with measurements on the mac mini connecter, find which pin is which, but, alas that has not worked. I am having problems measuring LVDS. I would like to connect another PCIe X1 card, but I just need the pinout.

Here is a picture
    http://img140.imageshack.us/i/macmini5.jpg/

Thanks!

2. kilowattradio macrumors regular

kilowattradio

Have you asked Apple for a service manual?

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah like :apple: is gonna give him the schematics for their products.

4. teeck2000 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I asked but they said they don't give out that information. They did admit its a pcie x1 lane, though. I don't know what the big deal is though, it's just a industry standard PCIe x1 with a weird connector, I truly don't see, at all the trouble in giving out the pinout.

5. kkclstuff macrumors newbie

I know its old but, Im also interested in the pinout schema either from the board's 30pin connector (or from a Broadcom BCM943224PCIEBT Wifi/BT card 30pin connector.)

Grateful for any leads as well.
    Many thanks!