How can I force Safari to open new tabs at the right of current tabs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnakin, Jul 27, 2011.

1. johnakin macrumors newbie

I'm using Safari 5.1 on a MacBook running v10.6.8. Suddenly, tabs started opening next to the active tab instead of the end where I want them. How can I make this stop and go back to the way it was? :confused:

2. PreetinderBajwa macrumors regular

I want to know that too

I would like to know exactly the same thing, is there some preference setting or something ?

Cheers

3. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

You don't want to change this :). This is by far the awesomest feature of Safari 5.1. It makes "threaded" browsing much easier, that is, allowing you to quickly open tabs for a bunch of interesting topics and then individually look into each topic, following any associated links from each topic before going on to the next topic. I love it.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Get the extension OpenAtEnd.

http://lrasinen.kapsi.fi/OpenAtEnd/

Edit: Contrary to the user above me, I also hated the change made in 5.1. Glad this guy made the extension, since Apple didn’t bother to give us a choice.

5. johnakin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Aggie. The extension makes it work like it should and can be disabled if I ever want to go back. (But why I would is a mystery!)

6. newagemac macrumors 68020

Like most people, I am extremely glad Apple made this change in Safari 5.1 so that it works like it should.

It was one of the most frustrating things about Safari compared to Chrome. When I'm browsing a site and want to explorer deeper without losing my place on the site, now I can without jumping all the way to the end of my open tabs and losing track of where the original tab was.

I am really liking 5.1 compared to previous versions of Safari.