How can I ftp a "MED" quality HD (.mov) clip to MY website from within phone4??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rugame, Aug 21, 2010.

1. rugame macrumors newbie

Anyone know how I could ftp a "MED" quality HD (.mov) clip to MY website from within phone4??
    Objective: To ftp a "MEDIUM" resolution clip to my website from within my iPhone4 so that a friend could simply click an MMS link I provided him to view Safari/Quicktime?

HD compression in the native iPhone MMS video is horrible. Raw files are too big. Ideally, the default compression that Iphone4 uses for email attachment is perfect...ALTHOUGH, I wanted to send link via text. I DO NOT want to have him rely on checking his email every time.

I want to avoid YouTube or similar regardless of compression...objective is to access file from my domain.

Further thoughts;
    What is the BEST ftp client to use from within iPhone4?
    Possible to use a 2nd party compression utility/app from within iPhone4 for raw .MOV prior to ftp?
    Possible to utilize the default email attachment HD compression (as a function to reduce file size) then access .MOV in "Ifile" or similar from within an iPhone directory? What would that directory/folder be?

*Prefer not to e-mail myself video, download, then upload again.
    *fyi...3G unrestrictor installed.

Thanks for helping me out!

2. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

Pixelpipe (web site link) seems the way to go for many people. Once you set up your destinations (including ftp to your server) you can upload video all the way up to 720p quality if you wish. Unless there is a better solution I'm not aware of yet, I would check out Pixelpipe (app store link.)

3. rugame thread starter macrumors newbie

Will give Pixel a look. Sure appreciate the advice, I'll play around with the compression stuff and file locations.

Best!