How can I get a iphone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acidflame, Sep 15, 2012.

1. acidflame macrumors member

Im wondering how I can obtain a unlocked or ATT iphone 5. I want to pay full price because I dont want a contract. I really cant wait to throw my rezound in a drawer or better yet over the overpass.

Is it possible to go to a ATT or apple store on the 21st and pay full price for one ?

Im sorry if there was a thread before but I couldnt find it in the mess of new threads so I made this one.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

they may not sell the unl0cked ones at launch, I dunno just call in before you go I guess. The 4s u had to wait a few weeks to get them unlocked.

3. acidflame thread starter macrumors member

I dont care if its unlocked or not, Im going to use it with straight talk anyways

4. nostresshere, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012

nostresshere macrumors 68030

You do know it is $200 more. And you know there are some use restrictions on straight talk vs ATT LTE, right?

But, for some, it does work out.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Last year you could go to the store and request an AT&T phone at the off-contract (i.e. full) price. If you go to Apple, it will be unlocked. If you go to AT&T, it will be locked, but you can request an unlock. Even though you are using Straight Talk, since you are paying full price, you might as well get it unlocked since that will improve the salability in a year or two when you want to get a new phone.