Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Is there a way to extract the information and give it to the GP/doctor? Trying to do this for my mother.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
What data? If it's an ECG you can go into an individual one and there is an "export PDF for you doctor" option.

Reactions: TJ82

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
I've heard an app called QS Access helps with exporting it in a more user friendly way....but I can't personally vouch for it

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Some health care providers can actually get the data directly from Apple. (Or maybe their app pushes the data from your phone, not sure how it works). You can choose which data to share.

I have mine set up that way, but I couldn't tell you now how to do it. The app/website are such garbage that I never used it again after an initial go at it. It's possible your provider/group has this or similar system, ask her doctor's office. (Well, hopefully not a "similar system", but instead one that is not total garbage...)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/healow/id595012291?mt=8

I'll ask my doctor when I have my annual checkup if they are actually getting any data or looking at it.

"access up to date medical records" sounds attractive. But that's only if your doctor's office/group is set up to do that. Mine isn't. So, it's still begging for paper copies.

an-other

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
Thank you for writing this inquiry. I've always wondered why apple (or some clever developer) has not done more to be able to harvest health/activity information for a doctor. it seems like user exportable reporting to a doctor's computer/tablet seems like a logical step.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Is the information on the Health app on her iPhone?

Yeah it's all there. Lots of HR and ECG readings.

What data? If it's an ECG you can go into an individual one and there is an "export PDF for you doctor" option.

ECG and HR. I'll go and have a look for that PDF function now thanks, hoping it can export more than just a single reading though :)

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Is there a way to extract the information and give it to the GP/doctor? Trying to do this for my mother.

If the healthcare provider has an app, it may integrate with the Apple Health app and allow data uploads to your doctor’s records directly from Apple Health. For example, my doctor uses the Follow My Health app as a “patient portal” for messaging, appointments, billing, prescriptions, etc. The FMH app can integrate with the Apple Health app (if you allow it), and uploads my vitals data collected by the Apple Health app into my patient portal directly without me having to do anything.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
ECG and HR. I'll go and have a look for that PDF function now thanks, hoping it can export more than just a single reading though :)

I wasn't able to find a way to export multiple ECG readings at once. As far as I can tell you have to do it one by one.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
In addition to QS Access, the share icon in the data sources in the iOS Health app will let you email or download data sets. You can also touch the profile icon in the upper right. At the bottom of the profile page there is an “Export Health Data” link. The last I looked, the format was in one of the health records standard format (CCD or something). Not all doctors will be able to use that raw data. Emailing the raw values from the share icon may work better. The doc will be able to say what they can use.

Reactions: MisterSavage
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.