How can I get my 11GB of photos back? They’re on the “Other” category now..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isaac2, Jun 25, 2012.

1. isaac2, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

isaac2 macrumors newbie

Alright, well my friend tried jailbraking my iPhone 4S on his computer. But something went wrong and all of my 11 GB of photos got deleted! Soo i was like whats up with this? But when he put it up to iTunes, 11GB is in the yellow “Other” category, so thats where my photos are. But none of the photos are in my Photos nor Camera Roll.

I was thinking of restoring it. Would all of the photos go back on my Photos and Camera Roll? And would it harm my memory EVEN THOUGH I back it up?

Thanks! I really need the help because I loved those photos and it’s eating all of my memory on my phone.

-Victoria :)

P.S. Look at the attachment to see for yourself!!

2. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

At this point I would try and go full on jailbreak and try to use iFile to get the photos. Try and use windows to go into the phone and grab the folders if there..

I had this happen with a cydia hack that didn't work so well, but it broke all my apps not the photos.

3. Jedii macrumors regular

4. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

You just posted your Phone number & Serial number for the world to see. Congrats.

5. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Alternatively, if you have a recent backup through iTunes you can just restore from that backup. iTunes backups should contain all photos from your camera roll. iCloud backups have the option to not include these items which is why I mention it. I would still try a file explorer before you do that just in case.

Any reason you aren't using photo stream?

6. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Don't you have a backup of those on your computer? I regularly take out photos from my phone and put them on the computer and a backup HD just in case.