How can I get out of DFU mode? or restore the 3.1.2 firmware on iPhone 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by udaman, Feb 14, 2010.

1. udaman macrumors newbie

My iphone 3gs (05.11.07 baseband) was stuck in the DFU mode (back screen) While in the middle of restoring the custom 3.1.2 firmware made from Pwnage tool; itunes throws 1600 error. It is now really much stay in the DFU mode; I try to get out of the it by hold both home and power buttons for 10 seconds but doesn't work. I also tried iRecovery, but it doesn't recognize the iPhone while connected with usb.

Is there anyway to get out of it?

I also try to restore the original 3.1.2 firmware, but iTunes doesn't like it also.

Is there anyway I can restore the 3.1.2 firmware? I don't have the shsh file.

Please advice, thank you very much.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

No

3. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

If you don't have a SHSH on file for 3.1.2 then you can only restore to 3.1.3. Your only chance is to find a custom prejailbroken 3.1.3 firmware somewhere and try restoring to it.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You cannot restore to a custom firmware in DFU mode; it has to be done in recovery mode. And you can't restore to 3.1.2 unless you have your SHSH saved either locally or through Cydia.

Have you tried putting your phone into recovery mode (turn off, then hold down the home button as you connect your iPhone to your computer)? If you can get into recovery mode you should be able to restore to a custom 3.1.2.

5. udaman thread starter macrumors newbie

It got stuck in the DFU mode (black screen). I already tried to hold the home button while plug-ins to computer, but no luck.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

In DFU mode all you can do is restore to an official firmware. And if you don't have your SHSH saved, you can only restore to 3.1.3. I'm sorry.

7. mrhamed macrumors newbie

iPhone can accept official firmware 3.1.3 ?

Hello I have same problem ...

Lookfor all over internet but can't find any idea ... :( :( my iPhone is down and out of usage :(

Are you sure my iPhone can accept official firmware 3.1.3 ?

Whay my iPhone can't accept official firmware 3.1.2 ? ( I test it, get same error 1600 )

I believing in this case iPhone [freeze or make loop] in DFU and iTunes confuse to restore it.

It's true ? or not guide me please ...

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

You can only install firmware versions that Apple is currently signing. They stopped signing the old 3.1.2 official firmware, so even though it *was* official, because they are not signing it now, you can't install it like you could back when they were signing it. IIRC, anyway.

9. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

Here's my situation.

I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.12 firmware that is old boot rom, jailbroken with BlackRa1n.

I've got SHSH blobs for 3.1.3 and 4.0 on Cydia.

I've used SnowBreeze to make custom 4.0 firmware.

I've followed the steps in the Guide Thread.

I tried to restore and I got an error 1600 code.

Now my phone is stuck in DFU mode and I don't know what my options are here. Is there a way for me to fix this or am I screwed?

Thanks..

J

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you have the same problem how would the answer be different? as said apple is no longer signing 3.1.2 so your sol

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

try holding the home button down see if it will kick it out of DFU then you can figure out a plan from there..

12. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

Held home and sleep buttons and got it to reboot. All is back to normal. Still at my 3.12 jailbreak status.

Should I try to install the custom firmware again with the iPhone just plugged in and turned on? I've heard that works.

BTW, when making the custom firmware with snowbreeze, do I need to select YES or NO when it asks if I want to activate the phone?

Currently, my phone is activated, so I didn't know what to select the first time I went through the process so I selected YES to the activation question.

Thanks.

13. sianto macrumors newbie

Try to push the home and power button for a while, worked for me