How can I jailbreak my ipad2 without making an expensive brick? IOS Auodate 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Oragami, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Oragami macrumors newbie

I found guides on iphonehacks.com for using RedSn0w and Absinthe, and according to the few threads I read, they both seem to do about the same thing.

I already backedup my iPad before getting online and downloaded both Absinthe and RedSnow in MyMedia...

Are there any better guides for me to use so I don't have a pretty brick I can stare at?

My iOS update is 5.1.1, which is the newest...right?

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yes 5.1.1 is the latest version of iOS. You won't brick it don't worry. Follow the steps and you should be fine. If you run into any problems we're here to help. I would personally use iClarified http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/index.php

3. Oragami thread starter macrumors newbie

Yay!

But if I do brick my iPad, I have no other way online :(. I have to walk 5 minutes and sit outside city hall as it is

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Then I suggest you wait till you can get online some other way just in case anything goes wrong. It shouldn't. I've jailbroken an iPod touch and a few iPhones and haven't had any problems with redsn0w and absinthe.

5. Oragami thread starter macrumors newbie

The only Internet connected computer I have access to is at the library a few towns over maybe once a month, and I cant install anything there. Unless I drag my desktop all the way

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

last I heard you need a internet connection during the jailbreak process. you can not brick it just trust me on that worst case DFU restore. If you don't have a friend with internet. seems hard to belive in this day and age you can't acces a computer unless your Amish.:p

7. Oragami thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't have a job to pay for Internet at home right now.

I tried to follow the directions on the readme in the Absinthe folder and goofed. Everything's ok though. The games I had were getting old, and the rest of the stuff I can just easily get again. Should really backup more often though. But when I get home (at my wifi spot) I'll see if I can update to the 'version' I had before I goofed