How can I make the ipod/computer not show the do not disconnect screen on my 5th gen?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by GodofDeath, Aug 20, 2010.

1. GodofDeath macrumors member

How can I make it so that when I plug in my ipod 5th gen to the dock or the cable to charge on my computer, not show the "do not disconnect" screen?

I am asking because everytime this happens, half of the settings are changed where the light turns back on and I lose the current place of where my playlist is. I would really like to continue my playlist and not have to randomly search again.

Thanks

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Just set the iTunes/iPod settings to a) Not Open iTunes when the iPod is connected, and b) not automatically sync the iPod.

TEG

3. GodofDeath thread starter macrumors member

i dont think it works as it still does it
    and I can't find that auto sync option, i only have open itunes one

4. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Do you have Disk Mode enabled on this particular iPod?

If you do, then your computer (either Mac or PC) will mount it as a drive; Windows will attempt to assign a drive letter. At this point the device will show the "Do not disconnect" screen, and you'll have to eject it as if it were a USB external drive.

(You can check this in iTunes with the iPod attached, on its "Summary" screen.)

EDIT: If you really want to charge it while keeping it "playable" and preserving your playlist location, get a separate USB charger. Apple sells one; Belkin, Griffin and several others do too, for both home and car outlets.

5. GodofDeath thread starter macrumors member

yea but i wanted to do both on the same thing like have it charged via pc, without having the list disrupted.

also the above doesn't work ughhhh