How can I monitor the actual messages of SMS of a phone on my account?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ScKcBc, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ScKcBc macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Anyone know of an app that will forward or upload all sms's sent and received from a phone on my account? Obviously I don't want the user to know either. But I know I can at least hide the app with sbs settings. Lmk guys!!!

2. 328iGuy macrumors member

That would technically be invasion of privacy and illegal. Not recommended.

3. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure it would be illegal if it was on the account that the OP pays the bill for...

I don't know of a tweak that will do this, though, but I will keep an eye out.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah, what you want to do is a federal Crime and discussing those matter here is against the forum rules, but for the sake of the thread, yes it is possible, google is your friend.

5. froggiemlm macrumors member

What if said Text messages were from the OP's minor child?

6. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Still likely not legal, as whose to say the person that pays the bill is lying about whom exactly is using said phone. AT&T and Verizon wouldn't want to touch this with a ten foot pole. But yes, google is your friend. And I agree, pretty sure this is against forum rules.

7. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Set the iphone up to use GV SMS extension. Then all SMS will go through google voice and it will keep a record of them. Is that what you are looking for?

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Then he/she doesn't have to sneak around to get the info, just collect the phone and read the message.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

bingo, if its your kids phone that your paying for then take it back, why be sneaky unless you intent is to be sneaky?

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If it doesn't involve seizing your child's phone, you usually need a search warrant. Thanks to the patriot act, though, you can do warrantless wiretapping; I'm sure that covers texts.

11. onepoint macrumors 6502a

onepoint

...you're way off base.

If the phone is being provided to a minor by the parent, that parent can take the phone back and do what they want with it.

If OP is looking to read through another party's texts, serious privacy invasion issues are raised.

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I did mention an exception if the texts the user wanted to read belonged to their spawn.
    However, the poster never mentioned. If it doesn't involve the brat, then you pretty much need a warrant; phone companies don't give this sort of thing out willingly.

13. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

The topic creator just needs to end the relationship if its this much in question. Hes willing to break federal laws, so its obviously not a child, lets stop playing devils advocate. /end topic

14. Remmnever macrumors member

15. ScKcBc thread starter macrumors regular

LMAO guys, it's for my dads friend. He has 4 kids with is wife and doesn't want to just end it.