Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

TDW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Hi,
Because there is no stock at Apple stores, i want to order online after 10pm for in store lickup in LA.
I want the device only from Verizone for 649$ plus tax.
How can i order it witout ssn? Because i'm a tourist.

Thanks!

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Because i'm a tourist.

That sounds like kind of the reason they require a SSN. They don't currently sell the iPhone 5 without a commitment, you'll probably have to wait until October/November.

Comment

TDW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
But in stores you can buy device only without SSN

Comment

CSMchris376

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Illinois
Hi,

I want the device only from Verizone for 649$ plus tax.
How can i order it witout ssn? Because i'm a tourist.

Thanks!

You are a tourist and you want to purchase a Verizon, LTE/CDMA phone? Where are you going to get CDMA if you don't have LTE when you are in another country?

Comment

TDW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
The Verizone also has a sim slot an it supports also GSM

Comment

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
You are a tourist and you want to purchase a Verizon, LTE/CDMA phone? Where are you going to get CDMA if you don't have LTE when you are in another country?

Have you been following the iPhone 5 news? The Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked for GSM use. In fact the Verizon model is the only one that supports LTE frequencies in other countries. There is a thread with five pages talking about how the AT&T iPhone 5 is "useless" overseas because it only gets 3G service in other countries.

Comment

TDW

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Anyone knows how can i order an iPhone 5 for pickup (device only) without SSN?

Comment

CSMchris376

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2010
Illinois
@dave420. I stand corrected. I'm not following too close, since I don't have a real desire for the iPhone 5 yet, since our area does not have LTE yet. Maybe by the end of the year, we will see.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.