How can I order through apple store Verizon iPhone 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by b3st, Oct 3, 2014.

1. b3st macrumors member

Hey guys,
    As far as I know Verizon iPhones are also unlocked if paid on full price. And they work internationally on all gsm networks as far as i understood is that true ??

IF YES,

So how can I order them through the apple store and available for pickup ?
    On online, it only shows the price with plan ? so should I order that one online and then when going to pick it up tell them i want it in full price (device only)??

Help cause i cannot wait anymore for T-mobile iPhone shipment to come its been over 2 weeks and still have 4 weeks more to wait !!

2. m3nphls macrumors member

You can't. You need a VZW phone # that is not upgrade elegible. And even if you get one, when the phone comes you have to bypass a screen verification on the phone with the vzw account first.

3. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

You can't order online for in store pick up at the full device cost. Some people on here have had success buying on contract and then picking up, returning the phone, and repurchasing the same device others have not. I'll tell you today was my 14 day mark with the 6 and I had been going back and forth for the last two days whether I wanted to get the plus or if i was content with the Plus. I attempted online pick up last night, device would be in stock and then be gone. Today I happened to be at the apple store for an unrelated issue hoping that I might be in luck. When I was doing doing what I went to do I asked what models they had, they directed me to a line with about 10 people in it Apple employees were moving up and down and I asked for a 6 plus either AT&T or verizon (ATT is my carrier) nothing AT&T 128 Verizon I said I want it but at the full price they said fine. I paid the money popped out verizon sim popped in AT&T sim returned iPhone 6 I didn't have to do a thing phone activated no problem bypassed all the start screens Apple employee was telling me it wasn't going to work.

Morale of the story make a trip to the store you might get lucky.

4. b3st thread starter macrumors member

damn my luck :mad::mad::mad::mad: verizon in the color and size is everywhere but no t-mobile what to do :eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Sign up for a contract, turn up to the store, immediately return it, buy it off contact.

Stupid that they don't allow folks to buy out of contract online. Don't see the logic behind it.

6. dilutedq macrumors regular

Sign up for the contract, a new line with a new number, then cancel it when you get to the store and ask to pay out right for the phone. Took them 5 min to do this for me.

7. b3st thread starter macrumors member

any other simpler idea ?? it too complex :S and maybe it didnt work ?!??

8. doboy macrumors 68000

I assume with this method you have to give out your social security # and they would pull your credit unless you have an existing acct.

9. dilutedq macrumors regular

correct.

----------

That is simple.

10. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I'd imagine to prevent scalpers from buying up all online stock?

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That theory works, except that they can just as easily just show up at the store (and they do... in droves).

Setting a limit to how many devices can be sent to a billing address in x amount of days would be a far better way to thwart scalping IMO. All this does is encourages lines.

----------

Even with an existing account, adding aline is a credit pull.