Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prissy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 7, 2009
Hi I have an AT&T family plan (2 lines), both lines are eligible for an upgrade. But I am only planning to buy one for myself to use, the other one will be given away as a gift to someone. How can I preorder 2 at the same time?

I plan to preorder one using the APP logged in with one apple ID; And use the web browser (desktop) for the second preorder that's logged in with another Apple ID. Will this work?

Keep in mind that I will be paying in full for both phone.

Thanks.

MACelmore

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
Some are saying we can order 2 per line. Others are saying only 1. I don't think anyone will know until preorders go live.

Reactions: Prissy

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Some are saying we can order 2 per line. Others are saying only 1. I don't think anyone will know until preorders go live.

You can test it now by going through the order process for two iPhone 8’s. Don’t worry, you won’t accidentally buy anything with Apple Pay if you keep your finger off the Touch ID sensor. You can only order one AT&T/Sprint/Verizon phone per order. You can also include a T-Mobile phone in the same order (or your order can be for two T-Mobile phones.) If you have two unique Apple ID’s it would be best to place to separate orders at the same time on two different devices. Nobody really knows what would happen if you placed two sequential orders on the same ID (and there’s a good chance you’d miss out on launch day delivery for the second order.)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.